Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Homebrew - Pandora Console ?

DCEmu Newbie

See I'm sorry I can't buy into this till I see it. Anyone remember the XGP? Yea well just goes to show could be worked out or just vaporware again. Is craigx maintaining this by any chance?

personally, I beleive this will be the way of the future, its way more powerfull than the psp, and I'm sure what ever sony will replace the psp with will be as solis as iron where hacking comes into play, kinda how like the 360 was the number 1 homebrew machine in terms of power and emulation, it replacement has been hard as hell to hack for homebrew needs.

Isn't this old news?

DCEmu Regular

I knew a lot of people here in the psp community were not going to embrace it because of how it looks, and that's fine. Just remember form over function isn't always the way to go. Craigix is maintaining this yes. Game Park Holdings has nothing to do with this what so ever. This isn't bulky, yes it's a 3d rendering, but devs, Craigix and MWeston (main designer/builder of this thing) have given it's size. It's right around the size of the DS. The new Texas Instruments OMAP3430 System-on-chip is pretty impressive and blows what the psp does out of the water. Plus this has OpenGL ES 2.0 support. Also the 800x480 screen resolution of this is way larger than the psp. I would rather pull this out and impress people with what it can do rather than saying "Hey look at this sleek looking system that has no touchscreen, needs to use a digital keypad for computer emulation, slow ass internet browser with memory issues" I could care less what this looks like on the outside. I know I can do way more with this than I can with my psp. I love my psp, but I'm very excited about this. This also isn't something that's "supposedly" being made. It is, and some dev's are already working with early prototypes. Mainly so we can have some things running by the time this is out. Just wait and see. It will be worth checking out.

I heard that it was GP2X backwards compatible. This is incorrect isn't it?

I also saw that there was a red color. Will they be releasing a red color? (cause I want the red color)

Lets just see it get released first =P

DCEmu Coder

I wish I knew why people think it's so huge, especially with the coins thrown in for scale.

Quote Originally Posted by urherenow View Post
    DS emulation? on a SINGLE 4.3" screen?

Laughable.
    You heard the man, better delete your DS emulators for PC, unless you have a dual monitor setup. Having just ONE screen would make the experience completely worthless!

*cough*

DS's screens are about 3 inches diagonally, or about 9 square inches each, 18 total. Pandora's, at 4.3 inches diagonally, is about 18.5 square inches total.

I haven't played a lot of DS games myself, but from what I've seen and what I've heard it seems like most of them don't require that the screens are vertically oriented one on top of the other (with a few exceptions like Contra 4 and Sonic Rush), meaning that putting them side by side will work fine. What's more, a lot of games don't have much going on on one of the screens so you can have one screen emulated larger than the other, to where it'd probably be larger than a single DS screen. For games that don't use one of the screens at all you can show only one.

Not ideal for all games but the DS itself isn't always that great either - games that pretend it's one screen split in two (which are the only ones that'd really suffer and have to be rendered in lower resolution screens to fit vertically) are met with this obtrusive bar through the middle, sometimes completely unaccounted for.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by osgeld View Post

and psp is still king in the mainstream market,

Do you have a clue what you're talking about? Don't get me wrong... I Love the PSP. I own a Phat and a Slim... but it has NEVER been King. Nintendo DS has been on top since it's release. As far as Game AND Hardware sales... PSP is still second best.
    Last edited by urherenow; February 24th, 2008 at 09:07.

DCEmu Newbie

"When and where can I buy it?
    Sometime around April/May 2008 via UK, USA, Germany and Turkey."

Hmm,Is this is an April Fool ???

Musti

urherenow: I think he meant king (as in best for homebrew) out of the mainstream consoles, not that it dominated the market (most of which mainly uses the devices for commercial games).

The DS obviously has far more market share.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information