Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Magic Memory Stick

Red face Help with Magic Memory Stick

I have a new Psp slim (daxter) I was able to make a pandora battery with the slim battery. When i put the battery in my psp the power light stays green.

Now I need help with the Magic memory stick. I have a 1gb pro dual magic gate. I am using windows vista. I have no 1.50kernel in my psp. My psp is running ofw(Official Firm Ware?) 3.72 I'm a newbie to all of this. But i'm eager to learn.

I have read many thread some say that I need to use the cmd in vista, and other says just extract the msinstal to the c:\ drive, but that gives trouble as well. I get to the comand prompt but i need a step by step instruction. Please some one help. thanks

there is an installer out there that does it all for you, i cant post it here co it contains sony copyrighted files but you could search for it as your a total newbie place this in your search.

Thank you, but I'm still stuck. I have used the newbie installer but doesn't work. I also tried using the windows CMD. but I wonder if anyone can help me do this step by step in windows vista. I mean literally step by step.

Bloody Vista.. always causes problems....

get XP somehow and use pandoras GUI

Vista is a total pain i had it and went back to xp pro you will struggle with vista.
    Last edited by hodgy47; February 26th, 2008 at 13:29.

1) The newbie installer is illegal to distribute.

2) If you must persist with this path, try setting the .exe to run as administrator (right click/properties).

3) Vista is complete crap, and water is wet. I know, I'm stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    1) The newbie installer is illegal to distribute.

2) If you must persist with this path, try setting the .exe to run as administrator (right click/properties).

3) Vista is complete crap, and water is wet. I know, I'm stating the obvious.

1) The newbie installer hasn't got any firmware files, you have to obtain them yourself everything is illegal these days so we'll have to live with it.

i've tried getting padoras gui but for some reason the links are either old or just won't come up. do you have a direct link?

the only other thing I have done was download msm files and extract them to my c drive. then go to dos and follow some instructions that was given else where. I almost got to the end but then i keep getting this...c:\msm>msinst m MSIPL.BIN
    PSP MS IPL Installer
    Load IPL code MSIPL.BIN
    241664 bytes(59 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 10
    Check partation Sector
    boot status 0x80
    start head 0x0B
    start sec/cyl 0x0012
    partation type 0x06
    last head 0x3F
    last sec/cyl 0xB5E0
    abs sector 0x00000171
    ttl sector 0x001DAE8F
    signature 0xAA55
    Check BPB Sector
    signature AA55
    Check free reserved sector:to small reserved sectors

c:\msm>
    anyone know what to do next?

wally: Sorry, I meant the pandora's gui or one of the other 'all-in-one' newb packages.

There's nothing illegal (to distribute or use) about the process unless one of those all in one things are used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information