Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC Controller Not Responding

DCEmu Coder

well if f1 burned, there was something wrong, it's here to protect something from too high loads, if the psu is strong, that could be the pcb traces that won't like to have several amps through them.
    But it can also work a long time who knows.

DCEmu Coder

On the french board someone provided these colour codes :
    orange white silver silver green
    this page gives informations on fusing resistors : http://www.koaproducts.com/english/c...147-RF25_C.htm
    those fusing resistors use a blue coating and a green color band for identification, this would give us
    39 * 0.01 10% = 0,39ohms 1/4W
    It can handle up to 800mA without blowing and more for short time, voltage drop at 0.8A = 0.3V so the 5V would read 4.7V for the controllers, which should be ok

If your colour codes are different then post them, it could help determining what type of fuse we could use in place of f1.

DCEmu Coder

ideally you would measure the resistor's value with an ohmmeter too, just to be sure it's very low (below 1ohm)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by aluckypunk
    I posted this on the "Help" forum, but figured it would get a wider audience on here, so here's my problem:

I decided to get out my old Dreamcast the other day, only to discover that my controllers (and my gun) will not respond. I've tried plugging them into all 4 ports, but nothing happens. Has anyone else run into this problem? is there some kind of lock I inadvertently enabled? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    I had that problem once with my DC. I just brought a broken DC from ebay and replaced the controller board =P

DCEmu Coder

My two dreamcast have the same 0.39ohms resistors (orange white silver silver green).

DCEmu Newbie

I was wondering before i do this could it blow is a person broke his connection and plug the broke controller port in stupidly yes the person is me *puts his head down in shame*

Quote Originally Posted by gavis2989
    I was wondering before i do this could it blow is a person broke his connection and plug the broke controller port in stupidly yes the person is me *puts his head down in shame*
    You really can't go wrong, as long as you take your time and check what you do it will fix your DC perfectly.

DCEmu Newbie

Thnks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information