Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nega-review: God of War: Chains of Olympus

Blog Entries

psp Nega-review: God of War: Chains of Olympus

"Chains of Olympus doesn't quite live up to the other God of War games." (4) "Ready at Dawn didn't mess with the franchise's proven formula whatsoever, which is ... one of our ... gripes for the game." (3) "Gameplay-wise, nothing much has changed ... You still run around and beat the beejezus [sic] out of enemies and then meet up with the occasional boss fight." (5) "I wish that Ready at Dawn had added something new the canon rather than just re-using what's been done in the past." (7)

"The game feels a bit too familiar ... [and] at times you do feel like you've played the game before." (7) That said, "the game is missing some of the features from other God of War games. ... you won't find the ability to use your blades on grappling points, the Icarus Wings, Rage of the Gods, rope traversal, rope swinging, a fourth magic, etc." (4) "I find myself disappointed ... that the game doesn't quite have the same feeling of showing you something new around every corner that the previous games did." (4)

"The game is also brutally linear: you're constantly running from point A to point B, stopping to administer the occasional beatdown." (5) It could also be described as "a very linear experience, (3) that "may be a touch linear." (9) "Toward the end, combat got pretty repetitious, relying really heavily on the mechanic of blocking you into a room and not letting you out until you finished taking down the waves of enemies." (1) "It would have been nice to have seen a little experimentation here or there to mix things up. (3) "Altogether, ... the game feels like a bit less of an adventure and more of a straightforward action game." (4)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/04/ne...ns-of-olympus/

Well it's not all that surprising...but I'm certainly not just going to say "oh well" and not get it. I believe I'll be stopping by Best Buy after class Friday, pick up whatever I can get my mitts on to celebrate not having another exam for a week.

too bad it was hyped :/

DCEmu Regular

I have never played a god of war game because I never really like the ps2. But i'll defintaly get this since this guy still say's it's "OK" and there isn't a lot out on the psp right now :P

meh whiny critics

its not new, it doesnt change everything that made gow gow, we dont like it

ok whatever its not a whole new experience, it wasnt suposta be, its gow in your pocket which i dont see anyone doing with a ps2

dupe post

they're so dumb, we should appreciate what we have today in our psp's if they dont like it, dont play it, if you like it, then recommend it to others..

Default Bad Critic

This critic seems to be the oddball in the group. From what i've found, Gamespot, Xplay, Ign, 1Up, Gametap, Gamespy, Game informer, and about 9 others gave this game a B+--- A+ When all the critics are giving the game the same high range score i believe the game is doing something. Metecritic has it at 93/100 based on 22 reviews so i think this Review by Nega is a off ball to the fact others have.

I am still buying it.

DCEmu Newbie

This seems to be a critic who's decided to take a different stance than the rest of his fellow critics and take giant sh!t on this game. WTF do you expect from a portable game that is trying to capture as much of the console experience with mobile limitations? The formula works so don't fck with it. I'm sure all key elements are there in spades. I'm sure this game is brilliant. Innovation will come with the PS3 version where anything is possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information