Vita is home to a bounty of indies, but its selection of triple-A games is lacking.
Sony has acknowledged that this is in part because of the economics inherent to selling games on the portable system.
Don Mesa, director of product planning and platform software innovation at Sony Computer Entertainment America, responded to a comment from a fan on the PlayStation Blog who asked for more games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Killzone: Mercenary on the system.
"The economics simply don't work with the traditional process," Mesa said. "We have to do something different to get AAA games on Vita.
"We accomplished it to a certain degree by making PS4 games work on Vita via remote play. PS Now will be another way, streaming PS3 games on Vita. I can't wait until PS Now is out on Vita - I hope you'll try out the experience and let me know what you think."
Mesa said PS Now will be enabled on PS Vita "later this year".
Revealed at CES in January, PS Now will initially stream PS3 games (other platforms to follow) to PlayStation systems, Bravia TVs and, in the future, other Sony and non-Sony devices.
Sony previously said it would launch the service in North America this summer. It has been reported that the PS Now European launch won't occur until the first quarter of 2015.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...games-on-vita/