Publisher wants attorney to stay away from any acquisition talks

EA has turned down Jack Thompson's offer of help to "evict the Zelnick Trojan Horse from within Take-Two's corporate walls".

The game publisher responded in an email, claiming that Thompson's past campaigns had ruled any such partnership out.

"In response to your offer to assist in the proposed acquisition of Take-Two, we would strongly prefer that you not get involved in this matter," replied EA's Mariam Sughayer.

"EA is a strong supporter of creative freedom for game developers. We feel that your past statements - including false claims about content in our games - make any collaboration with you impossible."

Attorney Jack Thompson wrote to EA just days ago, exhibiting his deep-rooted adversity towards the Grand Theft Auto publisher as well as the man on top of it, Strauss Zelnick.

"I am delighted to work with Electronic Arts to evict the Zelnick Trojan Horse from within Take-Two's corporate walls," began Thompson's letter, rather presumptuously. "In doing so, I can get the new Take-Two into the clear as to the trouble I and others can send its way.

"Zelnick is the source of trouble headed Take-Two's way, not I. And EA can make the case, with my help, so that such trouble can be avoided."

EA attempted to buy Take-Two for USD 2 billion at the end of February, but the Grand Theft Auto publisher declined, outlining the move as "inadequate" and "opportunistic".

However, Take-Two will be willing to enter discussions following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV on April 29.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33833