Thread: Blob Wars, Project Starfighter - any chance of seeing a slim version?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Blob Wars, Project Starfighter - any chance of seeing a slim version?

I thought of asking a while back, but it seemed Map This! got all the attention. I haven't played these in a while, but blob wars especially was one of the best games on the psp. Now with time machine slim players can play it also. But I wanted to know. would it be difficult to compile/recompile a version for 3.xx firmwares/slim compatible. It would be nice to be able to run it normally as well as take advantage of the extra memory. I recently played hex-a-hop on my slim and it's one of my favorites. Nearly all the games you released rank among my psp favorites, and I thought it was a shame psp slim owners may not know what they're missing.
    I even tried editing the sfo myself as well as trying to compile the sourcecodes, but i got errors all over the place, and it ended up being to complicates for a casual project. So I have to ask:

Is there any chance we might see updates of the older releases slim/3.xx compatible?

I'll look in to it

BTW, you can run those games on the slim with eloader

DCEmu Newbie

OMG! Thank you! I didn't expect such a quick reply. I actually started playing blob wars again on my slim yesterday, after trying it out. It didn't work on 3.60m33 even with eloader when I first tried it, but it did yesterday. And although it could have been luck, there were no crashes. I remember having to strategize to remember to do levels without the map in order to maximize my chances of completeing the level without a crash- but that just added to the fun/challenge. Also Starfighter would run but would usually have a blank screen/w sound. Figured out that running it after a coldboot would often allow it to run with graphics. Thanks alot for the slim release!

P.s. btw i'm curious. I noticed your nfo pretty much matched the old one. Did you also allow for the extra ram on the slim to be used? I think I read DA firmware takes care of that if you have the right sfo.
    I'm happy with this release no matter what but I'm curious to know Take Care!

Thread Information