Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to download google satellite or hybrid maps?

DCEmu Regular

Google Earth uses some modified http to authenticate with the tile server, so no (I can't implement it since it would more than likely attract complaints from Google).

However, if someone wants to play about with the Google Earth protocol do a search for gaia-0.1.0.tar.bz2.tar and gaia-0.1.0.win32-patch.tar.bz2.tar (in yahoo.com for example, since google.com doesn't give any results) which was an implementation of the Google Earth authentication that got taken down a while ago (I imagine the authentication mechanism changed somewhat in a subsequent update, but possibly not by much).

DCEmu Newbie

I really appreciate this free app though I tried to use it get google maps satellite images before I knew about this problem, and of course my ip got blocked. The thing is it's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still blocked! I can't even just browse the satellite maps online as usual in my web browser.

I realize this is a free application, but maybe a few minutes of your time to create some kind of warning would save many users many hours of frustration.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ekitel View Post
    I really appreciate this free app though I tried to use it get google maps satellite images before I knew about this problem, and of course my ip got blocked. The thing is it's been almost 24 hours now and I'm still blocked! I can't even just browse the satellite maps online as usual in my web browser.

I realize this is a free application, but maybe a few minutes of your time to create some kind of warning would save many users many hours of frustration.
    WOW

Your something else man? LOL Ignorance really is Bliss!

Thanks in7ane for this great app. Its been a while I used to own a 290 but get this i actully through the damn thing away driving through a StarBucks (ouch...$150.00 Ouch.)

I waited for about a year and recently I picked up the hulux 236 (I think thats how its spelled) and I bought a pre mades cable for my slim from ebay.

Everything workd right out of the box and this damn thing usually fixes on satilites right away.

anyways take car and thanks again for this great app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information