Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Reasons to Disable homebrew etc read!!

Question Sony's Reasons to Disable homebrew etc read!!

"When asked whether the PSP will support downloadable games, Kawanishi simply stated that the idea is under consideration. He also added that it would be interesting if users could develop their own simple games and distribute them online. "

above quoted from http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08...s_6131739.html

i dont understand why they wanted to remove the possibility to make homebrew games and emu's if he says that above.

we all know that Sony just want to stop ISOs, wich IS illegal, but they don't know how to banish ISOs use and allow homebrews to work...

we can just wait for an official firmware that allow us to use homebrew...

until it's release we can have our 1.0/1.5

or pirate firmware, if any is released... (haven't seen many news...)

Arrow 2 ways

Thre are 2 ways to run ISOS which I will not say how to exactly because supportin ISOS is not a good idea UNLESS YOU OWN THE GAME PEOPLE. Sure its fun and I downloaded a game once but at the same time. . .it's not because your further helping to stop the production of PSP's and we'll end up with another Dreamcast So go buy games people! But one way to play psp games is you place a certain file (once again I won't post details) into the root directory of the psp and than you hve an eboot file in the "Game" directory and it serves as a launcher So what sony could do about this is figure a way to increase the "secuirty" so the system will not recognize the root directory where the actual game is stored (not the launcher) and just have the system recognize the pics, movies, and music. But the videos are stored in the root so I guess it makes the task a little bit harder. I'm just throwing out suggestions and such though. . . .I say let the isos friggin run because SOMEONE will crack these systems soon regardless of whether certain people support it or not so Sony is avoiding the inevitable. .

DCEmu Rookie

here is food for thought. Is there a way to make a Nesterj iso run?(This isn't piracy since nesterj is homebrew) this would save me alot of time copying files since it is faster to load 1 file instead of copying alot of small rom files for some reason.

i would support the psp by buying games if they werent all crap. but at this point i dont care if it dies a slow painful death. where the hell is gran turismo?

Post Sports=Life

Gran turismo is like every car game IN THE WORLD. The whole concept of it is just to get little dinky upgrades for your car and race around and do nothing.
    Tiger Woods=Amazing
    Fifa Soccer=Great
    Lumines=Mad Fun
    Gran Turismo=Lasts me for about MAYBE a day

I do give respect for the game however, because the graphics on those games are VERY impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by J sims
    here is food for thought. Is there a way to make a Nesterj iso run?(This isn't piracy since nesterj is homebrew) this would save me alot of time copying files since it is faster to load 1 file instead of copying alot of small rom files for some reason.
    a nesterj iso. were you even thinking when you wrote that statment? do you not know what an iso is?

its just a compilation of a lot of junk to be written to some media type in a certain order. just... think!!!

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPuppi
    i would support the psp by buying games if they werent all crap. but at this point i dont care if it dies a slow painful death. where the hell is gran turismo?
    There are loads of good games out there and will be more to come. gran turismo is not exactly the best game on the market!

I'm going to have to agree with leggy. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by leggy
    There are loads of good games out there and will be more to come. gran turismo is not exactly the best game on the market!
    GT is a great game. I guess you have to like cars to understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information