Thread: Tetra Master v0.2

Blog Entries

NDS Tetra Master v0.2

News/release from Massif:

A DS version of the popular Tetra Master card based mini game from Final Fantasy IX.

v0.1
    - Quick Play Mode
    - Random card selection
    - Random AI (needs work)

v0.2
    - Added real AI instead of randomly choosing a card and square
    - Fixed a bug that allowed you to play a card while holding it

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Great work, this is very well suited to the DS, and a port that I never would have expected.

Suggestions - the one thing that could really make this game more enjoyable is the card art - right now the cards are necessarily small in order to fit on the bottom screen's playing area, but I would love to be able to see a zoomed, high-res version of each card as I'm selecting them - or, perhaps even better, show the zoomed cards on the top screen when attacks take place, with the numbers of the battle scrolling between the two cards.

I realize that the higher res. artwork could increase the filesize significantly, but I don't see that as much of a problem.

here's hoping

Or, perhaps you should move the playing field to the top screen, so that the cards can be better shown in your hand on the bottom. Once you pick a card, the screen could swap for you to place it on a square. Just an idea -- mainly I wish the screen space could be better used in general, but there are many ways to do so.

Thread Information