Quote Originally Posted by houseonfire View Post
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3...ed20cfcsc8.jpg
    I get that when i try to boot the file.
    it is tetris.elf, renamed to boot.elf.
    on a 4GB FAT32 SD card.
    You need to use FAT16, and I'm not sure Wii supports SDs over 2 GB

DCEmu Newbie

Indeed, FAT 16 and 2gb SD card.
    Also make sure u have the latest 3A file build...

Dang, how long until they allow genplus to load from the front SD slot?

Also, is the snes emulator working in the same fashion as Genplus?

It's such a tease booting the Genplus menu, only to be unable to play!!!
    Last edited by Shrygue; March 15th, 2008 at 23:14.

Quote Originally Posted by paco9060 View Post
    Dang, how long until they allow genplus to load from the front SD slot?

Also, is the snes emulator working in the same fashion as Genplus?

It's such a tease booting the Genplus menu, only to be unable to play!!!
    The SNES emulator loads like the Genplus but you can't even use the controls to navigate through the menu, it just crashes, so it's useless at the moment.
    Last edited by Shrygue; March 15th, 2008 at 23:15.

DCEmu Newbie

The fresh doors of homebrew has been opened =]

All ya basically need is a zelda game, An sd card (Format it to FAT16 (or if using vista, format it to FAT and underneath fat click 16 kilobytes sector then format) and a wii, three basic items.. zelda game..sd card and wii.. This mini guide will tell u how to do it for a PAL UK/EURO Wii

Once formatted download the latest zelda exploit, extract it (dont do anything else) then copy the zelda game from your wii to your sd card, go into the private folder, wii, title and ZTDP (These will be made by the wii) the file called data.bin rename it to Zeldab.bin and copy it to a place on ur harddrive otherwise ull lose the data. go into the extracted folder before, copy ZTDP0.bin and paste it in the same folder the one called ZTDP and rename it to Data.bin.. Ok the exploit has been installed, take out your sd card, put it into your wii, go to Save data, and copy the Chainloader that will show up on the sd card to the wii, once done your set, insert the zelda disk and boot it up, click load twighlight hack, ok now walk backwards and if A bunch of lines come up with writing, The exploit was installed sucessfully.

Now Wait for Wii homebrew to get opened up.. if ur not pateint then go get the tetris.elf and paste it in the root of the memory card and rename it to boot.elf now launch the hack through zelda and it will come up with tetris, you cant play unless u have a gamecube pad.. thats why i told u to wait for homebrew devs to release some wii remote compatible homebrew which will be soon =]

This exploit works On the latest wii firmware (3.2E) if theres a update higher then 3.2E do not update, its a possible patch and will probobly stop the zelda hack from working...

IN the future expect running linux on the wii.
    Last edited by Shrygue; March 15th, 2008 at 23:13.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoolwas View Post
    The fresh doors of homebrew has been opened =]

All ya basically need is a zelda game, An sd card (Format it to FAT16 (or if using vista, format it to FAT and underneath fat click 16 kilobytes sector then format) and a wii, three basic items.. zelda game..sd card and wii.. This mini guide will tell u how to do it for a PAL UK/EURO Wii

Once formatted download the latest zelda exploit, extract it (dont do anything else) then copy the zelda game from your wii to your sd card, go into the private folder, wii, title and ZTDP (These will be made by the wii) the file called data.bin rename it to Zeldab.bin and copy it to a place on ur harddrive otherwise ull lose the data. go into the extracted folder before, copy ZTDP0.bin and paste it in the same folder the one called ZTDP and rename it to Data.bin.. Ok the exploit has been installed, take out your sd card, put it into your wii, go to Save data, and copy the Chainloader that will show up on the sd card to the wii, once done your set, insert the zelda disk and boot it up, click load twighlight hack, ok now walk backwards and if A bunch of lines come up with writing, The exploit was installed sucessfully.

Now Wait for Wii homebrew to get opened up.. if ur not pateint then go get the tetris.elf and paste it in the root of the memory card and rename it to boot.elf now launch the hack through zelda and it will come up with tetris, you cant play unless u have a gamecube pad.. thats why i told u to wait for homebrew devs to release some wii remote compatible homebrew which will be soon =]

This exploit works On the latest wii firmware (3.2E) if theres a update higher then 3.2E do not update, its a possible patch and will probobly stop the zelda hack from working...

IN the future expect running linux on the wii.

you have to actually put the file in the RZDE folder

@Graxer
    could it be the sd card your using? i had exactly the same problems when i tried kingston sd cards but not when i changed to a different brand

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by houseonfire View Post
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3...ed20cfcsc8.jpg
    I get that when i try to boot the file.
    it is tetris.elf, renamed to boot.elf.
    on a 4GB FAT32 SD card.
    Same error but with a 2GB FAT 16 SD. I was trying to use Snes9xGx.wii_0.01b.dol renamed to boot.elf.

UPDATE:
    I just tried this with my 1gb Toshiba SD card which worked with twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha2 and I still get the "No elf image" error trying to load GenPlus. When I get home tonight I'll try clearing and rewriting to the card a few times to see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, any suggestions for something I might have missed are welcome.
    Last edited by tehnoir; March 16th, 2008 at 20:24.

Sprindale Arkansas... the most f*d up city you can imagine.

Default WIIbuntu, here i come!

WOW With this kind of progress in the homebrew scene, we could be running Ubuntu on the wii within the year. Front SD slot support, Homebrew channel on the way soon, the first real (as in not a tetris remake going on number 19933 and counting...) hombrew game(ballion-wii), HELL YEA
    Wii + Twilight Hack + Linux =

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information