Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Fight Back Against Piracy

lol,it never ends.
    No one can ever truly win this battle until market strategies change.
    I like playing my OWN backups on my systems,no reason to prevent fair use.Unfortunately this enables piracy to a large extent.This indicates to me something is wrong with our copyright/intellectual property system as a whole,not to mention peoples morals.

DCEmu Newbie

Its just about the money especially for people in Asia.

Asian salaries are only about 1/10th of Europe and USA so when an opportunity comes to acquire media for cheaper and sometimes even for free of course it will be popular

Morality? its not moral to sell $60 dollar games is it

Thats cool,
    so it's like a demo that you can play and then buy the game, pretty cool idea nintendo!

just to let everyone know, the real game works

anyway, it's an interesting argument - but is it really nintendo or square enix messing about with people?

anyway, the argument is that ds games - whether old or new - will pretty much always cost £30 in the uk. and that's pretty steep considering the ds lite (brand new) is worth 3 ds games. and the price remains the same, for decent stuff or shovelware. many pc games can be had for cheaper. i probably won't stop buying ds games, but personally i hope to see an all round price drop to £20 as the rrp. i hate relying on shop offers to get good deals, a lot of the time it can become all too tempting to download it...

but then you won't get a free stylus, like with phantom hourglass

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Graxer0419 View Post
    lol. It's like they are playing a game with pirates. They allow them to play 20 minutes worth before taunting them with this screen. Go Nintendo!

Go nintendo lol didn't they crack this sad excuse for protection the other day? Go hackers :thumbup:
    Last edited by iceman100; March 16th, 2008 at 21:34.

DON'T CLICK HERE
    98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

I love you Nintendo! R4 users can rot in hell.
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

DCEmu Newbie

hm. at least this shows nintendo is trying. they had a good run, how long has it been, 5 days (the previous record was 3 days i think lol)? don't ask me where to download the patch. though they should stop with futile efforts like this to stop hackers, because hackers will always get around it. case in point, they need to reevaluate the system as a whole so that people won't want to download games in the first place. how? lower prices? :S who noes. the battle continues.

ah thank god i bought a G6

Quote Originally Posted by TeenDev View Post
    I love you Nintendo! R4 users can rot in hell.
    I think you're going just a tad too far there. I have an R4 and I enjoy using it for allsorts. ZXDS FTW and all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information