Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Fight Back Against Piracy

played the rom and it cut off after 20 min one my Supercard ONE. @_@

oh well,
    it'll be hacked in days

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief929 View Post
    i think the game sucks anyway... i think that nintendo should come out with a handheld that has upgradeable firmware that way when they release new pirating devices all they would have to do is release a firmware update. and u should only be able to play ur games after u get the update, but the update would have to be free. im going to stop talking now. :thumbup:
    Why, yes, that is EXACTLY what Nintendo should do. I mean, just look at how well it worked for the PSP. No, wait a minute...
    Mandatory firmware updates worked for awhile, but annoyed regular gamers and reduced game sales, as well as alienated those who choose to run unsigned code enough to make them develop a firmware that both allows the unsigned code to run and allows people to run pirated games with no need for any form of conversion or software. And to keep homebrew working all web sites that involve PSP homebrew HAVE to make news of these hacked firmwares public. Well, so much for that idea.

At any rate, I applaud Nintendo for implementing this non intrusive security measure, and hope that they continue to develop it and at least delay the piracy of NDS games long enough for people to actually buy them. And best of all, homebrew sites (at least the ones who are against piracy) do not even have to mention any workarounds or patches that bypass the copy protection.

DCEmu Rookie

it could also be the Huge$#@! release group who made a bad dump!!!

Oh, so that is what that screen was!

I got it and I'm like "wtf, why did my pirated copy of this game just go to this screen?". I just turned it off and the next day I played it again and nothing happened, lol. It only happens when the total power on time is over 20 minutes. Once you turn it off and back on, it is greater than 20 minutes so you can keep playing again. All it really did was make be redo a few minutes of a dungeon because it doesn't let you save when it goes to the screen.

thats awsome... hope it doesnt affect on super cards... does it???

DCEmu Newbie

Umm this game has been hacked to work a while back, so just to let nintendo and those other companies know.....
    Hackers: 3
    Game Companies: 0

DCEmu Newbie

I seriously doubt that it is an anti-piracy measure. I know that in the gaming store I go to, there are demos of games that run for exactly twenty minutes then give the "thank you for playing!" message. Probably a glitch in the flashcard's design which is activating the demo function when it's not supposed to...

DCEmu Newbie

they have made software to fix it, and it was just a bug in the r4 and m3

DCEmu Newbie

no, mine just freezes :/

DCEmu Newbie

it has, on the day after it came out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information