Thread: Snaking removed from Mario Kart Wii

Rev Snaking removed from Mario Kart Wii

via Go Nintendo

We’ve heard that the boosting was quite different in the latest edition of Mario Kart, but it still wasn’t confirmed that snaking was gone altogether. Well, according to Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)’s review, snaking is a thing of the past. Here’s a portion of their review…

The second big difference (in Mario Kart Wii compared to the rest of the series) is the removal of snaking. Ever since the N64 game, practically every Mario Kart game has included the ability to get a speed boost by waggling the controls left and right as you powerslide. This has finally been scrapped, and now your speed boost is determined by how long you can hold the slide.

DCEmu Newbie

Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!

That's good news to me. I was never a fan of snaking, and it's one of the main reasons I wouldn't play Mario Kart DS online very often, since so many people used it.

Good.

I love the Mario Kart series but the snaking on Mario Kart DS practically killed the fun of online play. It was excusable in F-Zero GX as it was a pretty difficult maneuver to pull off but it's MK: DS translation was just tedious and detracted from the actual fun.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah,it'll be interesting and more fun without snaking.Your win will be determined more on what items you get,and less on if you snake the whole way through.

No....that's what makes the game fun!!! Now how boring will time trials be?

DCEmu Newbie

I'm an expert snaker, and I still like this news.

i can snake any time, but i just hate it playing mario kart ds on wifi with someone snaking. it just stops the game from being fun, and makes it overly competitive. i hate that.

Thread Information