Thread: Multi Tasker

Blog Entries

psp Multi Tasker

sg57 has posted an entry into the Neoflash Coding Contest:

Nickname: SG57
    Projet name : Multi Tasker
    Division : PSP APP
    Original enter : YES
    Support Motion : NO (if I place at all in this compo. ill get one and start supporting it!)
    In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
    Project description:

Multi Tasker

This is a handy application capable of interacting with all sorts of media in a vast amount of file formats on your PSP:

- 3D Models
    - Images
    - Music
    - Text

3D Model Viewing

Formats Supported:

- 3D Studio (.3ds)
    - COLLADA (.dae, .xml)
    - Cartography shop 4 (.csm)
    - DirectX (.x)
    - DeleD (.dmf)
    - Maya (.obj)
    - Milkshape (.ms3d)
    - 3D (.my3D)
    - OCT (.oct)
    - Pulsar LMTools (.lmts)
    - Quake Levels and Models (.bsp, .pk3, .md2)

Usage:

Load any of the supported formats into the scene. Use the Toolbox window to scale, rotate and position the model anywhere in the scene you'd like. Use the D-Pad to move the I-beam while on an Edit Box and press START on any Edit Box to open the OSK. Use the D-Pad to move the OSK around the screen (useful to see where and what your typing). Check the "Relative" checkbox in the Toolbox window to add the values in the edit boxes to the current scale/rotation/position. If left unchecked, it will set the values to equal the ones specified. Animated models are automatically animated at 30fps. Quake Levels and other large meshes are automatically optimized for rendering on loading. Change the Model's current material flag with the Options menu option. Materials include:

- Solid
    - Transparent
    - Reflection

Use the drop down box to change the filtering applied to the current loaded model. Filters supported:

- No Filtering (duh)
    - Bilinear
    - Trilinear
    - Anisotropic
    - Isotropic

Controls:

Switch between Maya Camera and First-Person Camera with the SELECT Button.

Maya Camera Controls are to click and drag whilst over the scene to rotate the camera around the target model.
    First Person Camera Controls are to use the Analog Stick to look around and Symbol Buttons (triangle, cross, square, circle) to move/strafe.

Toggle the Skybox, Celshading and even the entire Scene itself by using the Options Menu. Reset the entire scene (unloads models, resets cameras) by clicking File->Reset

Image Viewing

Formats Supported:

- BMP
    - JPG
    - TGA
    - PCX
    - PNG
    - PSD

Usage:

Simply open a supported file and view.

Controls:

Click and drag anywhere on the image to drag it around screen.

Music Listening

Formats Supported:

- MP3
    - AT3
    - WAV

Usage:

Load any supported audio file and listen. To Play, Pause and Stop the music, the Music Menu Option, as well as Song Information which opens a window displaying information on the currently loaded song - filepath, bit rate, duration, frequency, stereo/mono, etc.

Text Viewing

Everything will default to opening as a text file, however this is only intended for text files, such as .txt, .doc, .c, .cpp, .html, .js, .lua, .cfg, .ini, etc. Automatically word-wrapped

Controls:

Click and Drag on the scroll bar to scroll through the text, else Click and Drag anywhere on the window to move the window around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Known Bugs:

- Huge text files loaded may bog performance down a bit (i'm talking 500kb / 500,000 characters)
    - Because the way LTE's static text boxes work, new line characters are shown in text documents
    - All music formats are loaded using LTE so specifically formatted files will play.
    - Sometimes playing music may act funky for 5 seconds and possibly skip a few seconds back (LTE's audio playback isn't something to be desired but it works most of the time), usually occurs in oddly formatted music files
    - On especially high poly models, avoid Celshading them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All of the above can be done along aside one another, meaning you can be listening to music, viewing a model, viewing a photo whilst reading a text file. The PSP isn't a processing power house however, so it might get a bit sluggish if you intend to do so, cause of this I suggest toggling the Scene off when not needed.

Credits:

This uses the LTE Engine - a port of Irrlicht 1.0 (w/ a few Irrlicht 1.1 features)
    This was a port of the very basic example #9 that comes with Irrlicht, however I started adding feature after feature and ended up completely rewriting my own, so I thank example #9 for the kick in the right direction i guess

Enjoy and vote for it should you think it deserves your vote

Thanks!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Old Pro

A nice demonstration of what the LTE Engine can do.

Thread Information