Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The OS Discussion Thread.

I can never go on with Ndiswrapper. It never works for me. Haha
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shrygue View Post
    No wifi? Try ndiswrapper with the compatible Windows drivers work to make it work.

As for soundcard issues, my Creative Xtreme Audio card doesn't work in Linux but I still can use onboard sound from the motherboard. If your motherboard supports onboard sound, try it that way - unless you really insist on using the sound card. I'd like to, because I prefer having the EAX effects turned on - more fun to listen to music that way.
    Ndiswrapper only works on some cards, not all.

And as for the X-FI cards, there are beta drivers/support for them, check http://opensource.creative.com/soundcard.html if you want to test it out.

ehh i dont realy have a problem with any OS, the computer in my room is a mac. as everyone knows, the new apple computers could run windows xp. im used to both. i get the same experience with both operating systems.
    there is a lack of programs for apple though.. i use windows for recording and editing my own songs and stuff like that. psp stuff i could use mac or windows, its the same deal and programs are similar. the only thing i dont like about mac is that there is no video or audio chat support for any of the messengers, so i use windows for any special occasions like that. idk im always on and off of mac and windows, i use mac most of the time

i think in reality, windows and apple are really similar to one another in my point of view. maybe you use your computers for some other things, games for example. there is a much more larger variaty of games on windows system than apple. i dont play much games on my computer though. thats what i use ps2 and nintendo for

I'm in the same boat as xg917. I run Mac OS on my MacBook but sometimes launch XP (in VMware Fusion) for Nero or something. Also, I used to run Vista on my desktop but switched back to XP MCE because it's just far more reliable and performs better. Overall, though, I feel Mac OS does everything it's advertised to do- and it does it very well. So I guess I'm going for Mac OS then.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak View Post
    I'm in the same boat as xg917. I run Mac OS on my MacBook but sometimes launch XP (in VMware Fusion) for Nero or something. Also, I used to run Vista on my desktop but switched back to XP MCE because it's just far more reliable and performs better. Overall, though, I feel Mac OS does everything it's advertised to do- and it does it very well. So I guess I'm going for Mac OS then.
    The easiest way to get the best of all worlds.

Has anyone used that Office 2008 for Mac yet?

Is it any good?
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    Has anyone used that Office 2008 for Mac yet?

Is it any good?
    It's a bit faster than 2004 but nothing special. Get Open Office for Mac instead and save your money.
    Last edited by the_eternal_dark; March 24th, 2008 at 20:53.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information