Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #6) What System Will Win the War ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DCDayDreamer
    Sony could put whatever price tag they wanted on their consoles, and people will pay!, they only have to go down the tried and tested formula of producing a vast catalogue of games for their machine, it doesn't matter what the quality of these games are - if there's more Playsation games on the shelf than any other system, people will go for the Playstation, backwards compatability is the key and they know it! (luckily other companies have finally got the idea!). People are like sheep, they'll follow the herd into the slaughter house!.

Sony are not stupid when it comes to hardware, they are the masters of double standards, they are more 'on the ball' when it comes to piracy than any other company, other companies expend vast amounts of time and money on anti-piracy measures when Sony do just enough to ward off the blatantly obvious. All they have to do is send out the testing prototypes of the PS3 to the respective companies and include something similar to the infamous 'boot disc' of the PS2, "oops!, we didn't want to give you that, can you send it back please?".

Sony's biggest gamble was the DVD format on the PS2, they were well aware of the future potential of the format, but what about the games?, easy solution - release half of them on the CD format, many have got a CD burner, very few have a DVD burner, we'll go for the all in DVD format later!.

As for the PS3?, how many Blu-Ray burners are out there?, should we or shouldn't we go with the format?. Sony is watching the Blu-Ray with keen eyes, when the time is right the PS will be Blu-Ray compatible.

The PSP isn't doing as well as Sony expected, the sales figures are there, but Sony does not have the handheld legacy of Nintendo, one thing is for sure - you can guarantee they've got something up their sleeve for the future.

Conspiracy?, hell no!, the truth is out there!.

Sadly your right.
    The ps3 is gonna do well, But it doesnt deserve too.
    And what pisses me off isnt just sonys decession to hike up the price tag of the ps3,
    Its the general idea that people are so adicted to videogames, that they will pay whatever price is asked.

It was only recently in video game history that torch was passed, from youth to adult. The generation that played these games was growing, and older generations just wrent interested, and younger generations just didnt care.

Sure there are younger and older people that play games,
    But the current demographic Is set to our generation,
    Young adults, That have jobs and money,that where hooked young to this video crack.

I know young people today that dont even play video games!! And less then five years ago this was unheard of!!

It seems the market has done its math.
    They now know that unlike times past the fans arnt the kids asking the parents for the games,
    Its the parents themselves that are the fans.

But Video games, are just like a realy expensive movie habbit,

Sure you want to see it when its new but if you havnt seen it yet its still a great movie even a year or more later.

I think video games are comeing to this.
    some day people will realize, This gotta have it NOW attitude, is just out of controll. And people are gonna wake up and buy the older cheaper games, Cause hell the same ammont of time and care went into those, in there day, and there cheaper too! Just like the movies. some of the classics are better then the new ones.

And whats really costing people isnt the video games, Its the gotta be the first on the block to own the newest stuff mentality that we grew up with.,that is still presistant in Us today, seriously what does that proove?

It prooves you have money to burn these days

As for me.
    Final fantasy 7 will always be good, And so will chrono trigger and cross, and final fantasy x.
    And square and nintendo is who prooved this to me, by re releaseing there older stuff over and over again.
    I realized What makes a good game and what makes a good system are completely different.

As for me.
    Im gonna go retro for a while I think.

By the way who is that hottie in your sig Dc

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    To this day I don't understand what the appeal of the Dreamcast was to anyone. I understand that it's got a strong cult following, but do you diehard fans actually think that the Dreamcast stood any kind of a chance? I mean, I'm a diehard PC Engine fan, but I'm not about to say that it ever stood a chance at real success overseas. It was marketed poorly, there was a very limited selection of games available, the games that were available failed to resonate with most people, and there was virtually no effort to create games that were relevant to the overseas market. For me, it was a great choice, but I understand that for most people it just wasn't. That's the way it was with the Dreamcast. True story: a guy I used to work with always used to go on and on about the system, trying to get me hyped up about it. One day he actually brought in a brand new system and offered it to me for free. I felt kind of bad, but I declined because I literally, honestly had absolutely no use for it. There were no games for it that I wanted (the only ones that looked interesting were Space Channel 5 and Jet Set Radio, but I doubted that either would offer any real game play), and it didn't offer me any useful functionality.

If you love Shoot Them Up, Dreamcast is always the best console and not dead. The new and exclusif portage "Play Under Defeat" is a killer game, technically superior to the ps2 shoot.

Default ps3 will win

the secret to sony's success has always been with their diverse software library.

xbox is the hardcore system with fps/pc conversions. the action packed console

nintendo is mainly about promoting it's elite franchises (mario,zelda,pokemon,etc) with a minimum focus on original content (indeed, almost every game that was not first party could be had with all 3 consoles).

sony has a solid ground in every genre; fps,rpg,racing,sports,platformer,etc. they have something for everybody.

so, if you're like most people who aren't terribly interested in another nintendo sequel, then the ps3
    wil be your best bet. just like the other 2 were.

I think PSP and Ps3 are going to win! i own a xbox ps2 and played the gamecube lots of timeS and ps2 was the best! ps3 is a much better console and will easily win. i live in pakistan(beleive it or not) and over here mostly noone even wants to buy the xbox 360 unless they have a ps3! sony ROx!

PSP PWNS DS just because of the MP3 and Video Capabilities it has that the DS doesnt... even with firmware updated to 2.6, PSP PWNS!!!!

PS3 seams to be the best system for graphics right now (better than XBox 360) and the newest baddest(coolest) games!!! Revolution seams ok for some old school gaming....

I dunno... as much as I love Playstation, I think it might be NDS. Simply b/c it's so simple and the Japanese appear to love the NDS thus far. It's a close battle, but the Japanese also love those cartoony games, which Nintendo seems to focus on.

DCEmu Rookie

DS and Revolution by far!!!!
    I dont know what you guys are thinking saying the PSP is better! Outselling?! The DS has broken the Game Boy Advance's record for handheld sells. The DS is the best handheld in history w/Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters. The PSP has all of those extra features you may say but DS has Opera browser and a TV Tuner coming out. Lets not forget the Lite coming out. DS rules!!!!

Now onto the Revolution. The wand is a gimmick you Sony & Microsof fan boys may say. Lets just recall onto other controllers that Nintendo made inovations and are now standard today-I believe the D-Pad on SNES, shoulder buttons on SNES, analog stick & Dual Shock on N64. Also one successful one that's not standard is the touch screen on the DS making FPS's and RTS's good on a handheld. The same thing will happen w/ the Rev. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are just pumping up the graphics but the NRV is actually innovating for better gameplay. Red Steel on the Rev will be better than Halo on the 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tengen
    the secret to sony's success has always been with their diverse software library.

xbox is the hardcore system with fps/pc conversions. the action packed console

nintendo is mainly about promoting it's elite franchises (mario,zelda,pokemon,etc) with a minimum focus on original content (indeed, almost every game that was not first party could be had with all 3 consoles).

sony has a solid ground in every genre; fps,rpg,racing,sports,platformer,etc. they have something for everybody.

so, if you're like most people who aren't terribly interested in another nintendo sequel, then the ps3
    wil be your best bet. just like the other 2 were.

Yes Nintendo has messed up in the pass by mainly focusing on 1st partys, but with the revoultion nintendo is doing things different. Some awesome original ideas are still out there....yes we all know nintendo is going to milk their franchises.......but they are also going to have stuff for the casual gamer or the people that don't play games at all.... Nintendo isn't targeting gamers this time around...they have us. They want the people that don't normally play games....you can see that with Brain Age and Nintendogs......Brain age got nintendo a bigger following with older people, and nintendogs taught little girls games can be fun for them too.

Oh and if you think Ps3 is gonna be all about the diverse software.....I bet they won't have a Bob Ross Painting game like revolution will =)

Guess we will see who has the more diverse library of games???

DCEmu Newbie

as much as i would love to think otherwise, nintendo i believe will be the loser in the next gen war. the sheer marketability of the xbox 360 and ps3 will leave nintendo in the dust. sony and microsoft have the capital to produce hefty advertising campaigns that nintendo will never come close to outdoing. also its worth bearing in mind that although seasoned gamers who appreciate ingenuity will enjoy the revolutions unique control system, but the general public will most likely be wowed by graphical content. sad but true

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Handheld War:

well there are only 2 in it, and the DS is just storming ahead in japan. the psp is not doing too bad in japan, selling the same as the ps2 week on week sales, and the ps2 is a 7 year old console there..

things are much more closer in the west, but the heavy hitter brain age, could shake things up in the west, if the market takes to it. but for now i think it will stay neck to neck in the west.

Overall winner : DS but the PSP will have done a very good job

Console War:

The PS3 has to be the fav, but there are some other factors to think about. in the last gen MS was the new comer and had to pay catch-up. a real price war was not on the cards for MS because the cost per unit for the Xbox was more than the ps2.

but this time around the 360 will be the cheaper to make, leaving MS with the option to continuously under cut the price of the ps3, a powerfull weapon to have.

With the DS being a huge succes in japan, and the Rev completely different design, like the DS it most likely be a success in japan (even more so, with the 360s failure in japan).

over all i see the Rev and ps3 fighting it out in japan, and the 360 and ps3 fighting it out in the west, but i think that overall the ps3 will be the biggest seller but both nintendo and MS will have closed the gap ( currently 5-1, 5 PS2s to every 1 xbox and 1 gamecube)

Overall winner: The Consumer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information