PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth staying on 2.71-sec?

psp fan
December 5th, 2006, 18:25
I have the new custom firmware and would like to ask if it is worth staying on the new custom firmware with the news of dark alex leaving the scene it will seem unlikeley a new custom firmware will come out my question is, is it worth staying there or shall i downgrade to 1.5 and use the new devhook?
thanks in advance

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 18:50
Its your choice , although i have 1.5 emulating 3.01

psp fan
December 5th, 2006, 18:54
Its your choice , although i have 1.5 emulating 3.01

Well i wouldnt mind going back to 1.5 and emulating 3.01 but is it flashing anything when u go back to 1.5 via recovery mode? also u know how you are emulating 3.01 do u have all the functuality of the normal or is it beta version? does the wisi and web browser work on it?
What i mean is it safe? and the new devhook complete kk?

ExcruciationX
December 5th, 2006, 20:12
I don't think he's leaving the scene anymore, with the port of Devhook 51 to HEN-D.

psp fan
December 5th, 2006, 20:22
Oh right so wht are ur opinions? if u were at sec would u go back to 1. 5? i need some good advice lol cheers for the help

psp fan
December 5th, 2006, 20:23
Oh right so wht are ur opinions? if u were at sec would u go back to 1. 5? i need some good advice
cheers for the help

sorry for double post it was a accident

andrewgabriel77
December 6th, 2006, 03:46
I'm on 2.71 SEc and emulating 3.01 with devhook...so far it seems to do everything (web browser, mp3 vis, etc.) don't know about ps1 emu yet since I don't have a ps3. I have no reason to go back to 1.5 since 2.71 SEc does everything I want it to do

psp_sfdm
December 6th, 2006, 14:57
I'm on 2.71 sec and just like andrewgabriel77 said, I don't see a reason to go back to 1.5 since it does everything that I want.

psp fan, it's up to you if you want to go back to 1.5, but it shouldn't be really hard to downgrade if you're on 2.71 sec (as long as you have the RECOVERY folder in your PSP/GAME folder on the memory stick).

one winged angel
December 6th, 2006, 16:32
i probably go back to 1.5 cause all prx dont work for me I hate to say it but i dont like 2.71 se 1.5 is the best

psp fan
December 6th, 2006, 16:51
I'm on 2.71 SEc and emulating 3.01 with devhook...so far it seems to do everything (web browser, mp3 vis, etc.) don't know about ps1 emu yet since I don't have a ps3. I have no reason to go back to 1.5 since 2.71 SEc does everything I want it to do

i think i should stay on 2.71 sec guys since there may be abother one coming out and i can do pretty much everything i can do on 1.5 i see the sense now but as you said i would love the new devhook which emulates the newest firmware is it possible for you to tell me how to get it and how to make it work on psp because people say there is a risk for flashing psp? i would apreciate the help and thank you for all the help you have gave me.

NoQuarter
December 6th, 2006, 17:34
Heck guy's,I'm still on seb"!!
Had no need to update,I only own 1 psp game and don't use the iso's.
Although now that metal gear is out that might change(the owning part)

psp fan
December 6th, 2006, 18:08
dude its worth upgrading then atleast u have the peace of mind of going back to 1.5 easily or staying on the latest firmware e.g 3.01 which i am currently asking people to help me with

Mr. Shizzy
December 6th, 2006, 20:52
I'm staying on SE-C. There is a new Ir Shell coming only for SE firmware. Plus I hate loading DevHook, just to use the internet browser.

There are some downsides to SE though. Mainly a lack of being able to customise it. No custom menu names. No custom nameplate. You can have custom backgrounds, but only by setting them by going to Photo and selecting "Save As Wallpaper"; which means you can't have the wavy lines in front of your wallpaper. (You could flash one it with the new X Flash, but the dimension requirements are now very small for putting them in flash (or devhook) so the resolution is terrible. Basically it means you cant use a very detaled pic. Also all games won't work from the XMB (Mortal Kombat, just to name one)

But with all that said, I'm still sticking with SE. Eventually Art will update X Flash to make it more SE friendly. And it looks as if Dark_AleX might just hang around awhile and update his awesome special edition firmware. And it owns 1.5 in the convenience catogory. :D

psp_sfdm
December 7th, 2006, 05:56
i would love the new devhook which emulates the newest firmware is it possible for you to tell me how to get it and how to make it work on psp because people say there is a risk for flashing psp? i would apreciate the help and thank you for all the help you have gave me.

Check this out: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44985

This should tell you how to get Devhook .51 using the 3.01 firmware (I haven't tested out the 3.02 firmware as I don't see a reason to at the moment). About the flashing the PSP, I haven't had any problems with it so far when using it on 2.71 sec.