PDA

View Full Version : Flashing A Homebrew Abling Plugin Through HTML?

Batholith_5
May 19th, 2007, 23:05
I have been thinking about this for a very long time and i was wondering if it would be possible to run an HTML file in the web browser thst could flash a plugin to the Flash0, or Flash1 that could disable the need for signed code therefore making a downgrader possible. I have found nothing on the internet that proves this wrong but i dont know anything about HTML as i am a pure C++ coder. I would just like to know if this is possible or not all ideas are welcome.

My other idea is an HTML downgrader that uses a USB host for flashing and not taking up to much space so that the web browser will be able to handle it.

:thumbup: thx

parkermauney
May 19th, 2007, 23:11
I've thought of this too, but it would be very hard. The web browser can only access a couple of folders in the memstick, much less the flash! I'm sure someone will find some way, It's been a LONG time since a downgrader was released.

Batholith_5
May 19th, 2007, 23:20
I do understand that but what if there was a way that it could trick the psp into thinking it wasn't in the browser. like either let it load a very small eboot from the memorystick that could do something like give access to the flash memory where than you could install a plugin that allowed a downgrader to run. Now if im wrong please correct me because i know nothing about HTML.
This may sound stupid but the game sharing code has to be signed right?

parkermauney
May 19th, 2007, 23:23
Well, there is no way to mod html, there are no html functions that say, "Write to Flash0".

pt9087
May 20th, 2007, 00:02
Nearly impossible, if there was a way into kernel 3.10+ then it wouldnt be through the Web Browser! it would be .tiff or Gta. As someone said ^^ web browser only has certain access to the mem stick so it wouldnt be able to get access to Flash.

Cloudhunter
May 20th, 2007, 00:47
No. It isn't possible. Plus, the GTA exploit will never be able to be used again.

The most likely way of enabling homebrew is using a Buffer Underrun, or a Buffer Overrun exploit, like the TIFF and GTA exploits.

parkermauney
May 20th, 2007, 01:20
WTF? Buffer underun?

jason215
May 20th, 2007, 09:16
nope, html does not have any flashing capability's
Maby FLASH on the otherhand ?

-Xandu-
May 20th, 2007, 10:48
Neither HTML nor Macromedia Flash have/can have access to the PSP's internal memory. And as Cloudy said, most likely buffer overrun which can't be done in HTML/Flash.

I do understand that but what if there was a way that it could trick the psp into thinking it wasn't in the browser. like either let it load a very small eboot from the memorystick that could do something like give access to the flash memory where than you could install a plugin that allowed a downgrader to run. Now if im wrong please correct me because i know nothing about HTML.
This may sound stupid but the game sharing code has to be signed right?

NetFront doesn't have kernel access.