PDA

View Full Version : Elder Wand ownership rules all a bit pants

iamharrypotter
August 13th, 2007, 17:56
I'm finding the way a person gains ownership of the Elder Wand all a bit vague really.

So Harry Potter was the true owner of the Elder Wand because he had disarmed Malfoy. Well all he did was grab the wand (not even the Edler wand), out of Malfoy's hand. Could a Muggle inadvertantly become the owner of the Edler Wand this way? It would all be simplar if you had to kill the previous owner, or if you overpowered the previous owner so that they formally relinquished the wand.

And if you could gain ownership of the wand simply by taking it, wouldn't the person who had picked up Dumbledores wand, after Malfoy had disarmed Dumbledore, actually have become the owner?

And seeing as Harry didn't actually take the Edler Wand when he overpowered Malfoy, would this mean he is the owner of the Elder wand? If someone has 10 wands and loses a battle with one of them, does his opponent become the owner of all 10 of them automatically just he killled the owner.

So if one day, Ginny accidentally leaves the gas hob on and Harry switches the kitchen light on and blows himself to smitherenes, Ginny is now the Elder Wand owner as she has technially defeated Harry although not in battle?

Yeah ok, I am taking this all a bit too far, but this is a kinda critical point of the book. It's the reason Harry didn't die when Voldermort tried to kill him the first and second times. And how Voldermort ended up killing himself.

Just would've been nice if it hadn't opened the door to more questions.

SnesR0X
August 15th, 2007, 09:31
Yes, if there was someone with 10 wands and they were defeated, then they would lose ownership to the one who beat them. All in all, it's simple, and I really don't see the point in trying to make it any more confusing. If you just take it, you don't exactly show any superiority, so no that's a pretty stupid question. Make a new account to change your name, seriously.

iamharrypotter
August 15th, 2007, 16:40
You should take your own advice, SnesROX.

Seems I'm not the only person to think up a username in 5 seconds.

SnesR0X
August 15th, 2007, 20:51
Ha, I use this username for lots of sites I go on. Since this is a site that revolves around video games and homebrew, it's fairly appropriate. If you do like video games and you don't like the Snes, I pity you.

Swimkid
August 16th, 2007, 17:30
I'm finding the way a person gains ownership of the Elder Wand all a bit vague really.

So Harry Potter was the true owner of the Elder Wand because he had disarmed Malfoy. Well all he did was grab the wand (not even the Edler wand), out of Malfoy's hand. Could a Muggle inadvertantly become the owner of the Edler Wand this way? It would all be simplar if you had to kill the previous owner, or if you overpowered the previous owner so that they formally relinquished the wand.

And if you could gain ownership of the wand simply by taking it, wouldn't the person who had picked up Dumbledores wand, after Malfoy had disarmed Dumbledore, actually have become the owner?

And seeing as Harry didn't actually take the Edler Wand when he overpowered Malfoy, would this mean he is the owner of the Elder wand? If someone has 10 wands and loses a battle with one of them, does his opponent become the owner of all 10 of them automatically just he killled the owner.

So if one day, Ginny accidentally leaves the gas hob on and Harry switches the kitchen light on and blows himself to smitherenes, Ginny is now the Elder Wand owner as she has technially defeated Harry although not in battle?

Yeah ok, I am taking this all a bit too far, but this is a kinda critical point of the book. It's the reason Harry didn't die when Voldermort tried to kill him the first and second times. And how Voldermort ended up killing himself.

Just would've been nice if it hadn't opened the door to more questions.

O.K. Buddy. Your over analysing. Just go back and read the last few chapters. It should explain everything.
And Voldemort didn't have the Elder Wand the first time he tried to kill Harry. It was a love charm that protected him.

iamharrypotter
August 17th, 2007, 17:21
I wasn't referring to the first time Voldermort killed Harry as when he was a baby. I meant the first time in the final battle, when he ended up in the halfway place.

SnesR0X
August 17th, 2007, 20:37
Voldemort can't kill Harry because he took Harry's blood, so he could only destroy the part of himself that was in him. That's it.

Swimkid
August 17th, 2007, 20:56
Voldemort can't kill Harry because he took Harry's blood, so he could only destroy the part of himself that was in him. That's it.
You seem to understand this stuff more than I do. And I'm a pretty Hardcore Harry Potter fan.

biasiman
August 17th, 2007, 22:57
1)Last battle Why Vold try to kill Harry again? Didn't work in the forest(he has been injuried moreover...) why should it work in the castle?

2)What's the point of Harry blood in Vold I really dont understand: in the forest Harry didn't die because of the Elder wand or because the blood conection? What is the point in the blood connection anyway? Harry should have still her Mother's protection then since he is still full of his own blood right?

SnesR0X
August 17th, 2007, 23:39
1)Last battle Why Vold try to kill Harry again? Didn't work in the forest(he has been injuried moreover...) why should it work in the castle?

2)What's the point of Harry blood in Vold I really dont understand: in the forest Harry didn't die because of the Elder wand or because the blood conection? What is the point in the blood connection anyway? Harry should have still her Mother's protection then since he is still full of his own blood right?

Voldemort tried to kill Harry again because he's an idiotic douchebag who refused to believe that he could be outwitted. Since he took Harry's blood, the protection of Harry's/mothers blood was in him, so he couldn't kill Harry, read the last bit again, it'll explain it better...

Yeah, I'm a pretty big Harry Potter fan I guess. I have been reading them since I was 8, that was 9 years ago :p

Cloudhunter
August 18th, 2007, 00:01
Remember, although Snape killed Dumbledore, Draco was the original person who was meant to kill Dumbledore and Snape took it on and did that magical bond thing, which allows him to finish it in his stead.

Very vague I know, but I don't have the books on me right now ;)

Cloudy

SnesR0X
August 18th, 2007, 00:32
Don't mean to be rude, but I don't remember that being a topic of this conversation :p

Cloudhunter
August 18th, 2007, 00:41
Don't mean to be rude, but I don't remember that being a topic of this conversation :p

I think you are mistaken ;) My point is, although Snape killed Dumbledore, Draco is the one who should have done it and as such, owned the wand.

Cloudy

SnesR0X
August 18th, 2007, 00:48
Ah, sorry, some of these threads are so similar it's easy to forget which is which. You are correct, that was the beginning topic.