Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: may have to cancel DS preorder

DCEmu Newbie

Default may have to cancel DS preorder

http://www.techjapan.com/modules.php...;thold=0<br />

PSP is goin to be huge - 4-6 hour battery life and $200?

Man it was always going to be better than the DS games capabilities wise but this finishes the competition for me if this story is true

I had a preorder on lik-sang.com for the DS but me thiks ill have to cancel that!

anyone else changing their views?

Dream Coder

Default Re: may have to cancel DS preorder

4-6 hours battery life you consider good?

???
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Blog Entries

thats really bad

DCEmu Newbie

Is it a good idea cancelling an order for something that is trying to innovate and give a different play mechanic in comparison to what is basically a portable ps2 offering more of the same of what we already have?

There are many other factors to think about... The finalised price of the PSP software hasn't been announced plus its still up in the air about region lockout.

Aren't you getting a bit carried away over tech specs?

Blog Entries

For me the Nintendo DS is the winner, ive preordered one and i cant wait to get my hands on the baby.

Kron makes an excellent point. I myself am getting both although I see myself using the DS much more. It is such a cool concept which I think that my girlfriend, and non gamer friends would find so interesting and fun when i show it to them.

I also agree with the point that the PSP software seems to just be more of the same, and as I have a ps2 (and dont play anything on it but FF/Silent Hill/GTA games, i find fighting and most racing games to be quite boring actually) I am not that drawn to the PSP lineup yet.

To each his own, but cancelling DS for a japanese psp (which might be region locked, you deffo wont be able to get non jap games in the near future) seems foolish to me.

Blog Entries

Nintendos Innovative ideas will mean the DS will win through, it will be interesting if the press (those with no brains) hail the PSP as the king of consoles.

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=0#6 date=10/27/04 at 13:06:38]Nintendos Innovative ideas will mean the DS will win through, it will be interesting if the press (those with no brains) hail the PSP as the king of consoles.[/quote]Heh, more like those with Sony money-lined pockets. :P

It's no secret that alot of media *cough*GamePro*cough is bribed by big name companies to enhance hype for their shoddy products.

Blog Entries

well we all know the story of when the ps2 was released and the stupid hype machines

Dream Coder

[quote author=Kron link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=0#3 date=10/27/04 at 11:52:57]Is it a good idea cancelling an order for something that is trying to innovate and give a different play mechanic in comparison to what is basically a portable ps2 offering more of the same of what we already have?

There are many other factors to think about... The finalised price of the PSP software hasn't been announced plus its still up in the air about region lockout.

Aren't you getting a bit carried away over tech specs?[/quote]

That depends on wether or not someone wants a portable PS2 or something different. Some people might just want a portable PS2.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information