Thread: Snes9xGx 2.0.1b6 released!

Blog Entries

GC Snes9xGx 2.0.1b6 released!

Chrunchy2 has updated his port of Snes9x the Snes emulator to the Gamecube and Nintendo Wii.

Heres the full info:

ere for all to try is version 2.0.1b6 of Snes9xGx. Here's a list of the key changes:

[What's New 2.0.1b6]
    * PAL Wii support - no separate version necessary! - eke-eke
    * PAL roms now play at correct speed via internal timer, ntsc roms still use
    more accurate VSYNC timing - eke-eke
    * Zipped freezes to memory card - take 9-13 blocks or so - based on denman's
    code
    * Added option for auto save and load of freezes. For saving, can do both SRAM
    and Freeze if desired
    * Memory card saving and loading shows a progress bar
    * More miscellaneous ease-of-use improvements and cleanup
    * Fixed: pressing B to get out of a rom file selection screen no longer drops
    you all the way back to the main menu. Now goes back to choice of where to
    load ROM (the "Load from DVD", "Load from SMB"... screen)
    * Fixed: loading of joypad configuration in SRAM works again - no longer gets
    messed up

NOTE: due to changes in the settings, this version will reset your emulator options settings, so if you had saved preferences you will need to make your
    changes to the emulator settings again and save them.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

l need some major help. I run every other GC emu off my sdcard and they all work and load roms fine. I use SDLOAD method using that sdmedia thing datel has. I run the snes emulator, it reads the roms, gives me a roms list all in *.smc format. When I select a rom to run it tells me "error loading rom"

I get every other emulator to run but the most important one isn't working. Any help?

ok it won't load SOME of the snes roms, but it loads all of the roms on every other console I run. All the roms work on my PC so I don't understand. Could a filename be too long, it was super mario world. Any ideas?

DCEmu Newbie

don't think it has anything to do with the name being too long, becouse my super mario world has a really long name, covering a whole line on my tv. But I do believe It might have something to do with that there is an error in the rom. try redownloading it. Some emulators can run roms even if they have errors, I'm guessing that this one can't.

ok one more question, i got mostly everything working properly, but I can't save anything at all, both the sram and the freeze memory gives me an error and won't save!

the folders on the sdcard will not change from read only mode no matter what I do it goes right back to read only. It's making me mad because I can't save anything! Any ideas?

ok fixed that problem but no matter what I've tried several versions of the roms, final fantasy 3 gives me a black screen with some numbers and a code error or something and resets the system.

super mario rpg gives an "error loading rom" message and returns me to the rom selection menu...

any ideas about these two?

Thread Information