Thread: BBC glimpses Sony's top-secret PS3 game

ps3 BBC glimpses Sony's top-secret PS3 game

via Computer and Video Games

Sony has up its sleeves a top-secret game headed to PS3 in 2009 that will apparently showcase a new standard in "story-telling and immersion" on games consoles.

The BBC reports having been shown supposedly "in-game" footage of the super-confidential title, but has been sworn to secrecy.

"I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy," says the BBC reporter.

"Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of."

He goes on to add: "In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved."

Being careful not to reveal any specific details, he goes on to say: "I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless.

"If the footage I was shown truly is 'in game', as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion," reads the excited report.

Hopefully it won't turn out to be another CGI 'target tech' trailer like the early Killzone 2 footage. And hopefully it's God of War III.

I smell a rat. Or maybe it smells fishy? Perhaps some other metaphor regarding the olfactory nuances of something that just don't seem right...

We shall see.

DCEmu Rookie

I refuse to believe this, until i see it with my own eyes and it is available in the shop.

DCEmu Rookie

I refuse to believe this, until i see it with my own eyes and it is available in the shop.

double post alert!!! and yeah i do believe this statement.

DCEmu Rookie

I hope it's not God of War III but rather a new IP, that means more games! And we all know God of War III will look and run great, but I'm hoping and thinking that this referring to something totally new that we haven't heard of before...

DCEmu Legend

Well I don't doubt that the title may exist; Sony has employed viral marketing in the past and this is a good way to viral fire going.

As well I see no reason to be sworn to secrecy and sign an NDA if it was God of War III... Chances are it is a new IP.

Thread Information