Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCEmulation.org - Official Statement

Dreamcast DCEmulation.org - Official Statement

darc posted a public statement at http://dcemulation.org

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting stuff.

Acorn Electron User

I saw this earlier today and I was glad to hear the other side of the story. It sounds like what was done was done for the benefit of the community and those that actually contributed to the site/scene to make it what it was/is and hopefully will continue to be.
    Last edited by beetroot bertie; March 27th, 2008 at 21:03. Reason: Corrected bad spelling

I am not sure it is entirely fair to say 'Besides never actually contributing to the content of the site...' of 007Cheater. I used to go to DCEmulation a lot in it's very early days (from when Gleam came out) and I remember him being very active then in getting the site (and pretty much the DC Emulation scene) going.
    He got a little over enthusiastic when he put the hacked Sega Smash pack emulator on the site, and I remember lots of devs complaining at the time and it then being taken down. After that 007Cheater seemed to fade away and not have much to do with things anymore.

This is a soap opera, and hopefully soon finish for good.

I still remeber when spanish DC scene was separated , but finally all together and friends forever
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by WhizzBang View Post
    I am not sure it is entirely fair to say 'Besides never actually contributing to the content of the site...' of 007Cheater. I used to go to DCEmulation a lot in it's very early days (from when Gleam came out) and I remember him being very active then in getting the site (and pretty much the DC Emulation scene) going.
    He got a little over enthusiastic when he put the hacked Sega Smash pack emulator on the site, and I remember lots of devs complaining at the time and it then being taken down. After that 007Cheater seemed to fade away and not have much to do with things anymore.
    Yes, he was active in the first year, maybe two, but it's been well over 6 years since he's done anything Dreamcast related.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Newbie

Well, ol' Darc has never steered me wrong before, so I trust him wholeheartedly.

I'll be nice to see a stie called DCEmulation actually get updated for a change

Blog Entries

yes it would, personally though this breakup is even worse news for the site, all the years of links to the.com will be lost and it will be a struggle to get linked high in google unless you are attrating big name sites to link to you.

id rather not see another site whether i like or dislike it go the way of consolevision

I think to prevent that from happening, DCEmulation was moved to .org

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    yes it would, personally though this breakup is even worse news for the site, all the years of links to the.com will be lost and it will be a struggle to get linked high in google unless you are attrating big name sites to link to you.
    If you type in dcemulation or dreamcast emulation into Google .org is already fairly high up, it's just below .com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information