Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Team M33 To Ditch 1.50 Firmware Support

DCEmu Newbie

Again people, Time Machine, it works great. If you've got custom firmware, you either have pandora's battery already or are capable of making it, so you can use Time Machine. Moreover, this has not been confirmed, despite the misleading headline. Finally, stop with the "oh no loss of 1.50 will be the death of the scene" nonsense. I don't know how any of you can justify saying that, because it's simply not true. Anyone who is currently developing for custom firmware is still going to be doing so whether 1.50 is there or not.

Pretty sad day to here even talks that 1.5 kernel is gone. Loved it. Guess i'll have to try to hunt down all the emulators that were redone on non 1.50 kernel. Its a shame though. The reasoning behind it still doesn't stick in my head. Feels more like, "I don't wanna make it" compared to, "its better without". Shame shame but as i'm prob gonna need newest firmware for force unleashed when it releases, I guess i;m force to go along with this communist mentality of no 1.50 kernel. You will def be missed. Feels like now i'm losing part of my psp lol

PSP User

This upsets me greatly. Almost every homebrew app I have is on 1.50, like all of my emulators, rRootage, Nethack, Trigonometry Wars, and others. Many of the best emus are dead(ish) now, like nesterj, snes9xtyl, gpsp, and RIN. Gutting 1.50 is like gutting a huge portion of psp history, and I am not familiar with Time Machine, but I really want those save states we were told about...
    Last edited by that1guywiththeface; June 26th, 2008 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by jurkevicz View Post
    yeah, just update your firmware with a CFW from DAX.
    I do have a CFW. I have 3.95 m33.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by that1guywiththeface View Post
    This upsets me greatly. Almost every homebrew app I have is on 1.50, like all of my emulators, rRootage, Nethack, Trionometry Wars, and others. Many of the best emus are dead(ish) now, like nesterj, snes9xtyl, gpsp, and RIN. Gutting 1.50 is like gutting a huge portion of psp history, and I am not familiar with Time Machine, but I really want those save states we were told about...
    Again All system emulators are available on 3.XX and eLoader with the exception of the Apple2 emulator.

NO STRESS!

PSP User

What is eloader? Does it work at the same speed as the 1.50 kernel? Last but not least, is it possible to simply convert the old eboots into the newer ones? And yes I am dead serious. I love playing the Mother series and rRootage on my psp.

If I use dc5 to make a pandora battery, will the battery function as a normal battery at the same time? If no, then how do I operate Time Machine without being glued to a charger?
    Last edited by that1guywiththeface; June 26th, 2008 at 05:15.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotgerman View Post
    I do have a CFW. I have 3.95 m33.
    LOL you mean 3.95 gen do you?

This is no big deal 1.5 is long dead time machine could fix all these problems

Utopia is sumtim all of you guys should look forward to..

What is eloader? Does it work at the same speed as the 1.50 kernel? Last but not least, is it possible to simply convert the old eboots into the newer ones? And yes I am dead serious. I love playing the Mother series and rRootage on my psp.

If I use dc5 to make a pandora battery, will the battery function as a normal battery at the same time? If no, then how do I operate Time Machine without being glued to a charger?
    use boosters alternate ipl which lets you boot psp normally and hold L-trigger to launch pandora...
    Last edited by Shrygue; June 26th, 2008 at 19:33.

PSP User

Quote Originally Posted by tuta View Post
    LOL you mean 3.95 gen do you?

This is no big deal 1.5 is long dead time machine could fix all these problems

Utopia is sumtim all of you guys should look forward to..
    Why Utopia? Sounds like Linux to me, no offense. Perhaps someone could better explain it to me.

Where do I get this alternate ipl? Also, how do I use it?
    Last edited by that1guywiththeface; June 26th, 2008 at 05:34.

Why Utopia? Sounds like Linux to me, no offense. Perhaps someone could better explain it to me.
    you shud head to lan.st they are discussing it there
    yup its like window compared to linux as in psp is to utopia

what I read so far its like a a shell less firmware mainly to boot hombrews with out sony file in it
    somewhat a truly custom firmware its said to be text based with no shell but devs are free to make one the utopia team is juz making the base which is utopia

PSP User

So, about the ipl? Also, would there be a way for Time Machine to load Utopia in the future?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information