Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple II Soul Captor DISKS.XML Builder

Default Apple II Soul Captor DISKS.XML Builder

BlazeHedgehog has released a new utility for Apple II Soul Captor. This utility, made with Multimedia Fusion, will create a disks.xml file for use with the emulator.

The disks.xml is the list of disk images you have on a disc. This utility automates the process, rather than making you create a file by hand.

Download it from here.

DCEmu Regular

will there be a new version of this with a virtual keyboard released, like maybe ever?

Quote Originally Posted by obelisk
    will there be a new version of this with a virtual keyboard released, like maybe ever?
    This isn't a new version of Apple II Soul Captor, it's just a utility for creating the disk file list.

The emulator is discontinued, not open source, and won't ever be updated again.

DCEmu Regular

silly obelisk, hope is for noobs.

DCEmu Rookie

YOU R A LEGEND BlazeHedgehog!!!!!!!!! i have been waiting for this YES! YES! YES!

GREAT!!!!! =D
    Soul captor not is OPEN SOURCE o_O?
    Is illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by DARKGATE
    GREAT!!!!! =D
    Soul captor not is OPEN SOURCE o_O?
    Is illegal?
    Not illegal, just closed-source. That means that the author didn't want other people looking at his code and changing it.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by curt_grymala
    Not illegal, just closed-source.
    Unless is it based on another one with a GPL kind of license

Quote Originally Posted by curt_grymala
    That means that the author didn't want other people looking at his code and changing it.
    Not trying to offend you (you know my english is not good and perhaps I'm not using the right words ) but I think that could be a childish reason and the last one I can imagine. I guess he left the dc scene before attempting to release it. He probably didn't have the time or simply doesn't care about it because it has lots of things to keep busy, the code is ugly for sharing it,...but not because he doesn't want other people to use it

The emulator was written by DCGrendel himself, so he isn't obligated to release the sourcecode. He also ported Apple 2 Soul Captor to the Xbox (as the first legal automatic booting emulator using Linux). It's also very likely that the source WAS released, as he has released much of his source in the past (DCHakker, Demo Menu, Dream Inducer, DoomDC) but it never was widespread, so it's now lost or hidden (as was the case with the DreamInducer sourcecode up until recently).

I have wrong something, have used the xml utility creator, but i have see when to start the emu and push the SELECT ROM, an ERROR 132, and the emu freeze.

The file.DSK, support max 8 charatters?
    I try to rename the file with more of 8 charatters?

The emu how file .dsk support ?
    I have put more of 200 file.

A small help, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information