Thread: Off Topic - The GP2X is taking the Homebrew Scene by Storm

Blog Entries

Default Off Topic - The GP2X is taking the Homebrew Scene by Storm

The GP2X has been available a week now and even non Koreans are getting to grips with it, in that week we have seen Snes and NeoGeo Emulators and ports of Quake, Quake 2 and Hexen and even 3 puzzle games, keep your eye on the GP2X scene via our GP2X News Site.

Theres much more to come also.

Dream Coder

not really. the gp2x scene has been horribly lackluster so far considering the fact that major devvers were given preview systems and there is an easy to use sdk for it. i was really shocked at the lack of things out so far.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Well I preordered one, so I hope your not right quzar.

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    not really. the gp2x scene has been horribly lackluster so far considering the fact that major devvers were given preview systems and there is an easy to use sdk for it. i was really shocked at the lack of things out so far.
    that's probably because of the initial firmware issues, and that they might not want to release their work as a tech demo like the recent emu's from korea instead of an actualy well working program.

no offense to korean developers! love the stuff.

Kingbuzzo might have a point.. but if korean developers are at all like the majority of the worlds homebrew developers they would release pictures and movies and stuff. I cant afford a GP2X and I am still a little disapointed by the lack of onboard wireless features, but I have been expecting a little bit more news. Not just ports and emulators... they are a plus, but the coolest thing about the GP32 was the actual homegrown games. I havnt seen much news on a full fledged game for GP2X yet.

there ARE pictures and movies, I've seen them and saved them to my hard drive.

wireless functions are possible with those fancy wifi sd card doohickeys. I just don't think there was much of a demand for wireless features from the gp2x community when GPH was asking them what they wanted. Now that the more casual handheld gamer like myself and many others are becoming interested, there's a much higher demand for wireless functions.

However, would we really of been interested in the gp2x if it was being sold for a fair amount over $200?

However, would we really of been interested in the gp2x if it was being sold for a fair amount over $200?
    again, good point.

Thread Information