Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NEOGEO/AES Tests

Default Program suggested does not work

Quote Originally Posted by M Dash
    FOR ALL:

TO BURN THE CD:

First, you must get a IP.BIN file (easy to get) AND a NEOCD.BIN file (Neo-Geo CD BIOS -> not needed for the emulator, but needed for the tool to create the CDI image, fast and easy).

Then, a quick and simple way to do it:

Get the tool: NeoCD/SDL DC Selfboot 0.2 -> http://www.consolevision.com/members...selfboot.shtml

With that tool, all you need to have, is the IP.BIN and NEOCD.BIN in the same directory as the 1ST_READ.BIN file of the emulator. Leave the NEO4ALL directory there too. Put your AES's in the directory where the 1ST_READ.BIN is. You can optionally put the AES files inside another directory, but that's at your choise.

If you have everything ready in the directory, open the tool.

It will pop-out a window asking you the directory. Select the directory of the emulator.

After selecting the directory, it will show you a window with 2 buttons.

"Scan directory for correct files"
    "Create DiscJuggler image" -> not available yet!

Click the SCAN button. It will scan you the directory. If everything's OK, it will tell you that "The scan completed perfectly".

Click the OK, and the button to create the image must now be enabled.

Just click that button, and the CDI image file will be created.

After the creation, just burn the CDI with DiscJuggler or Alcohol 120% or any other program that supports CDI image files.

You can also convert the CDI to NRG (NERO image) if you don't have the necessary program to burn the CDI, but you have NERO Burning ROM.
    That tool can be accessible here: http://www.consolevision.com/members...ownloads.shtml

Good Luck!
    I would love to try this program and have had no luck. The program suggeested to burn the cd insists is cant finr bin2boot.exe even though it came with it and it is located in the same directory. (I use XP) Any thoughts? If I gave someone my legally owned copy of a rom for a game I won such as viewpoint could someone make a copy for me so I could see how this thing is supposed to lay out on a cd?

Thanks!

Default Holy CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by tonythekitty
    I would love to try this program and have had no luck. The program suggeested to burn the cd insists is cant finr bin2boot.exe even though it came with it and it is located in the same directory. (I use XP) Any thoughts? If I gave someone my legally owned copy of a rom for a game I won such as viewpoint could someone make a copy for me so I could see how this thing is supposed to lay out on a cd?

Thanks!
    Holy Crap It works! Thanks to the dude that suggested the program! That neogeo logo on my 36" HiDef screen was the sweetest thing Ive ever seen. Please please please please to the author of this program DO NOT STOP WRITING THIS thing and making it better! I have never see such talent! As a true Neo fan I will tell you its frustrtating to not be able to play such truly great but unsung games such as neo driftout or viewpoint! All the props and remakes on other systems go to KOF Sam Sho Metal SLug, etc. We have these. I own a XBOX. Lets get the unsung heroes some console time! A+++++ This thing rocks! Also support for single disc booting with auto load of options and rom would give it a great feel and not make me feel like Im doing domething dirty, which in my case Im not, as I own a MVs arcade machine and hardware. Merry Christmas to all and to all play this damn AES emulator! If this thing ever gets as compatible and speedy as nester dc Ill wet myself. ANd I only want it to play 8 meg or smaller games I mean i dont expect it to play SVC Chaos on a freakin dreamcast. The poor thing bogs down on Mario 3 for gods sake. My rant has endured long enough. Whomever the author is, you rule. Anyone has a problem with this emu, you gotta go through me first!!!!

Default Tests so far:

Just curious if anyone else gets different results with different rom sets...

Viewpoint - Plays 95% speed when set to zero frameskip normal/normal
    SuperBaseball 2020 - Plays 100 w/ 0 frameskip and normal/normal
    Windjammers - Plays 100% w/ 0 frameskip and normal / normal
    Top Hunter - Plays 100% speed but skips fram every few seconds, even when set to 0 frameskip normal/normal. Otherwise fine.

Neo Driftout -Garbled Screen will not play
    Metal Slug 1 - Garbled Screen Will not play

DCEmu Newbie

Originally Posted by heliobw
    Ok, gente! Muito obrigado pela atenção de vocês, agora acho que vou conseguir fazer funcionar o emu!
    Uma ultima pergunta(podem me responder por p.m.):Aonde voces conseguiram uma versão de capcom chaos que funciona?
    Sds from Brazil

se voce procurar na google por svcplus.zip de certeza q encontrará facilmente a ROM!

romnation ou romhustler tem

I love King of Fighters and Daytona USA 2. Ready for a Match?? "Ikuzê!"

Eu ja achei varias no google mas na hora de converter para .aes da aquela mensagem de que não é possivel ou compativel para a operação... Se puderes me mandar o link aonde achaste a tua (por p.m.) eu ficaria muito grato.
    Sds from Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by tonythekitty
    Just curious if anyone else gets different results with different rom sets...

Viewpoint - Plays 95% speed when set to zero frameskip normal/normal
    SuperBaseball 2020 - Plays 100 w/ 0 frameskip and normal/normal
    Windjammers - Plays 100% w/ 0 frameskip and normal / normal
    Top Hunter - Plays 100% speed but skips fram every few seconds, even when set to 0 frameskip normal/normal. Otherwise fine.

Neo Driftout -Garbled Screen will not play
    Metal Slug 1 - Garbled Screen Will not play

Viewpoint runs perfectly with the frameskip set to auto.
    neo driftout works excelent for me! some music bugs, but not big thing.
    metal slug runs kinda slow because of the loading-in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by heliobw
    Originally Posted by heliobw
    Ok, gente! Muito obrigado pela atenção de vocês, agora acho que vou conseguir fazer funcionar o emu!
    Uma ultima pergunta(podem me responder por p.m.):Aonde voces conseguiram uma versão de capcom chaos que funciona?
    Sds from Brazil

se voce procurar na google por svcplus.zip de certeza q encontrará facilmente a ROM!

romnation ou romhustler tem

I love King of Fighters and Daytona USA 2. Ready for a Match?? "Ikuzê!"

Eu ja achei varias no google mas na hora de converter para .aes da aquela mensagem de que não é possivel ou compativel para a operação... Se puderes me mandar o link aonde achaste a tua (por p.m.) eu ficaria muito grato.
    Sds from Brazil

elas tdx estão boas... mas vc tem de extrai-las e renomeá-las para serem compativeis com o ficheiro romrc q as converte.

extrai elas, abre o romrc pelo notepad, e procura pelo nome da rom (neste caso, SvC xega).

ele encontra, pq só existe um.
    dps é só renomear os ficheiros para ficarem igual ao romrc, e converter.

DCEmu Newbie

I finally got to try SVC Chaos just now. It's somewhat playable, but the in-game loading is very heavy. Also, when I lost and went to the continue screen, it blanked out from that point on. I could still hear the action, but no screen. Once all this is sorted out it looks like we'll have a fully-functional version of SVC Chaos to play on Dreamcast!

Thanks M Dash.

BTW, anyone ever seen this?

It seems to be a hacked version of this rom called, "SVC Chaos Blue" containing selectable hidden characters & bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBeast
    Goal! Goal! Goal!: Seems to run fullspeed, but unplayable due to severely garbled graphics.

Magical Drop III: Same as Goal! Goal! Goal!.
    For those games read my message there:
    -> Neo4All suggestions to Chui
    -> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...6&page=7&pp=10 (or page 6 and 7 of this thread)

svcblue, it's the same like svcur (Ultra Remix), with bosses and icones. I tried to convert one of those but it didn't work, I think that's because of the encrypted p1 rom...

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBeast
    I finally got to try SVC Chaos just now. It's somewhat playable, but the in-game loading is very heavy. Also, when I lost and went to the continue screen, it blanked out from that point on. I could still hear the action, but no screen. Once all this is sorted out it looks like we'll have a fully-functional version of SVC Chaos to play on Dreamcast!

Thanks M Dash.

BTW, anyone ever seen this?

It seems to be a hacked version of this rom called, "SVC Chaos Blue" containing selectable hidden characters & bosses.
    I have SvC Chaos and SvC Plus.
    the SvC Chaos, i have too: one is the original, with no unlocked bosses available. this is the DC version
    The other i have, has the midbosses available. SvC Chaos has well.
    The SvC Plus, has the midbosses unlocked and a Plus instead of Insert Coin! LOL

DCEmu Newbie

M Dash mais uma pergunta: Eu tenho que criar as linhas com SFx, Ends etcs..., porque quando mando converter aparece um texto que diz que não foi possivel achar o arquivo "END"?
    Desculkpe tanto transtorno mas realmente quero fazer esse jogo rodar assim como kof 2003, kizuna encounter e outro que apareceram com esse mesmo problema...
    Sds from Brazil

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information