Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NesterDC SE

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by David Lynch
    My first impressions: Not as good as it could be.

The new interface looks nice, but it's way too slow! Faster scrolling would be great... Loading time is also much longer than in previous versions.

Music player is very good, the fit to screen option as well.

I miss the VMU-picture support. Being able to set the speed from 1 to 1.5 was very usefull.

Faster quicksave/loading is now theoretically possible. But why am I forced to use auto-fire? I need this button, but I have to set the stupid autofire on it. If i set nothing, the game is not playable.

Other than that, the emu gave me a corrupted settings file after a short time. (never happened on that memory card to me before) So, I had to do my settings again. Hope this wont happen again.

Overall I'm slightly disappointed. Nice ideas, but scherzo wanted too much.
    I want the old interface and pad settings back, with the music player, and the new sceen option.
    For a quick game, good old version 6.0 will do.

Are you for real??? your out of pocket how much? disappointed? OH NOOOOOOOO! geez some people, go outside and kick a football !!

This is amazing!!! thankyou scherzo for all your hard work.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by soldierblade2k5
    Damn, this is impressive!! In all, NesterDC SE is the best NES emu on any platform I've ever seen. I cant find anything I would want changed...its amazing. The whole build process took forever though, especially with as many roms as I was trying to compile in it. Well worth the wait. You da man Sch3rz0!!
    Well Said!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra-X
    A project like this is why Lightscribe exists. The whole thing takes a while, but it's worth it (though there are a few US releases without box art/cart scans, I'll have to see what can be done about that).

Thanks, Scherzo, for possibly the best NES emulator. For any platform. Ever.
    what's lightscribe?

Just finished Battletoads Vs Double Dragon (ok with the help of game genie codes, nice to have those handy in the emulator). Had forgotten just how damn fine that game is. Just feels real advanced for a NES game and moreso than a lot of other scrolling fighters. Now if I could have mixture of that gameplay and River City Ransom, that would be special.
    Am currently playing Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (J) [T+Eng1.0_Technos Samurai Team].zip, most commonly known as Technos Samurai, which I recommend to anyone who loves River City Ransom as its pretty much the same game set in feudal japan and with a CPU controlled buddy so you ain't alone if you got no friends. Just thought I'd suggest it cos it's darn fine and I imagine some people will miss it if they only do a straight forward burning of all US NES games

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by turnerl
    Are you for real??? your out of pocket how much? disappointed? OH NOOOOOOOO! geez some people, go outside and kick a football !!

Geez, I cant believe I even bothered answering this...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Right, stop the flaming!

any more flaming and i start dishing out the BANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    Right, stop the flaming!

any more flaming and i start dishing out the BANS!!
    Dark's given out the warning, I've edited out some content to one post, now everybody calm down.

With the save state thing, is it meant to be able to load games from a certain position at a later date after the DC is turned off and on again or is just to use as a quicksave/load help during a game session? Am just wondering cos I tried loading a Batman save state from yesterday and all I got was some sorta graphic mess before the game reset.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DCDayDreamer
    Dark's given out the warning, I've edited out some content to one post, now everybody calm down.
    How about editing his $#@! too, then???

Lächerlich, machts gut ihr Idioten...

PS: www.segaweb.com forever!!!

DCEmu Newbie

How exactly does the process of downloading images/manuals/codes during the build process work? How are roms recognized? I tried building a test disc with only 2 or 3 roms, but none were found on the site's database. Does it work from titles? Does it only recognize certain versions of the rom? I guess my real question is, in wanting to build a disc with all US releases, where should I obtain my roms to ensure they are understood?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information