Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DC-Flash

Blog Entries

Default Re: DC-Flash

Thanks for the info

IM seriously debating whether we should try and get a Flash Competition going, i cant afford much of a prize (unless we get a sponsor) but it would ignite the Flash scene a bit and thats always a good thing.

DCEmu Pro

Blaine, I'd been thinkin of somethin similar, but the main problem with that is you greately reduce the available ram by having another movie also running. Also while your site contains a lot of stuff for 10kb, if a raster game is built .gif sprites may be used, say for a metal slug clone, the main characters may be 40-50kb on their own. Also if its a scrolling game the background images, could be well over 1mb per level depending on level size.

However if a PC compiler were built for the games that made a flash projector, which could be told the number of levels in the game, and all the names of the .swf, and the order in which they are to be loaded, then it'd take any need for new actionscript.

BTW blaine I'm only learnin actioscript, so if anythin I've said is utter nonsense, slap me Any criticism is welcome, as long as its not about me :P

Oh an wraggs good idea, have an amateur compo too. Maybe we could get macromedia interested....

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

[quote author=Wraggster link=board=homebrew;num=1092935388;start=30#30 date=08/29/04 at 03:54:33]Thanks for the info

IM seriously debating whether we should try and get a Flash Competition going, i cant afford much of a prize (unless we get a sponsor) but it would ignite the Flash scene a bit and thats always a good thing.[/quote]

better wait till actionscript and sound is working before having a comp

DCEmu Regular

Any one thinking of making this an add on lib to kos so we can included Flash cut scenes in to our homebrew games i think it would be a very good idea.

that would be great, but is it possable?

DCEmu Regular

Yeah Have to make some code changes but a few lines of code to control the scene from with in your game memory useage maybe a problem but for some cut scenes in homebrew games it would add a lot. Could add static mp3 or ogg file to be play when the scene starts.

Very do-able project.

Ian you are a genious i was thinking that about that also one night as i was sleeping cause now we will have little video clips in flash and that would be amazing for RPG's homebrew games and others aswell as a wicked Flash intro for the upcoming arcade compilation disk

Eric

for MCT (the game me and will and a few others had planned) i was going to do the cut scene in flash then covert them to a video file i.e. avi.

ian would it be possable then to use flash a main menu for a homebrew game?

DCEmu Regular

I think you could we could do this. But it's not my project but i think it would be a major boon to homebrew games to convert this to a lib to use with in games. I was just puting it out there as an idea to scherzo.

I could make it a basic lib style if scherzo says it's ok i like to at lest try.

I was also thinking the same thing. It would take little effort to make what I've done so far into an easy to use API. I have been considering to use it to do the menus in NesterDC SE. But, to be honest, I don't know Flash and don't feel like learning it right now.

So, yeah, I'll see if I can whip together a lib that could be dropped into the kos-ports tree nicely.
    It's time to chew ass and kick bubble gum... and I'm all out of ass!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information