Thread: SNES on Gamecube???

DCEmu Newbie

Default SNES on Gamecube???

Everybody is talking about Snes9xGC running on an actual Gamecube, but how the **** do they make it run on it? Mini-CD's/DVD's, modchips, adapters, what do they use to run in on the GC?

I really want to play SNES on my GC, but I'm trying to get some more information, and it's a little bit hard...

I'd like to learn a little bit more about:

- Snes9xGC;
    - Max Drive Pro;
    - Emulation on GC

Please help me!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Default Re: SNES on Gamecube???

i don't know much about it, but i do know it uses the BBA (the one that came with PSO)

Snes9x GC is a Super Nintendo for the NGC (you knew that already though). To play it with anything, first you have to compile it with the roms into a dol file. The Max Drive Pro is a Memory Card Device that can be plugged into the computer and then you can send the DOLs to the max drive and the play it on your gamecube. However, there is a device more handy and less expensive than that. It is an SD Card reader and can read all sd cards. Works the same as a maxdrive pro, but you need this disc that goes in a gamecube called freeloader. In case you did not know, there is also a GB emulator, and a genesis emulator.

no way i am fond of nintendo but now way is it better than sony u gt ur facts all wrong mate :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

To run SNES9xGC, you'll first need some way of running code on your Gamecube, whether it be loading a DOL from a DVD-R with a modhip or other means, SDLoad, or with a BBA and PSO. There's plenty of info out on the web about doing that, so I won't go into it here.

I just released SNES9xGC into a public beta yesterday, along with a ROM injector for Windows and Linux, so if you want to give it a try, feel free to download it from this site. There's no saving or multiplayer support yet, and some of the emulation features are heavily WIP right now, so don't expect all ROMs to work right off the bat. Basically anything that doesn't use any special chips should work OK.

Thread Information