Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daikatana II for Dreamcast Confirmed a Hoax

Default Re: Daikatana II for Dreamcast might be a reality!

I still think you should wait for the tech demo, Meta. But if you want to waste your money on this, no way I can stop you.

I'll be posting the news on DC-S, and sending it to DCemulation once the demo is released. But you should really think about this, Meta. Do some real research. I did, and thats how I became convinced. I've seen concept art, screen shots of early Quake 3 models of Kyla, and hopefully I'll soon be seeing in game screenshots for the PC version.

DCEmu Newbie

What's the actual status of this?

DCEmu Newbie

I can't understand why some people seems to take themselves so seriously... if this is fake or not is not really a problem for anyone as long as no money is asked while in development.

True or not,we will see in due time...maybe never. But who in the world are you anyway Metafox to act like you do, putting ultimatum on people to show YOU the work so far. They sure don't owe you anything in any way... Not to be aggressive or anything with you, but the fact that you do homebrew stuff on Dreamcast in your free time doesn't give you that kind of right over anyone. I am probably not the only one thinking that way.

On another note... why don't you do what you're good at and do some awesome stuff on Dreamcast instead of wasting your time trying to prove that something is true or not.

P.S. : Note to the administrators here, if that post is too offensive or anything feel free to delete or modify it.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

you miss the point VampiricS, there have been many fakes in the past, so its easy to get peoples hopes up. but if it real it would be very easy to prove. most people release something before the claim they can do such a big project, most of the time poeple who claim a big project out of the blue without any back up, they turned out that they are fakes....

when you have been in the scene for so long, i see fakes get more attention that real project (from real hard working coders) just because the fake sound "cool", you get very sick of it.... and meta has been about for a long time

VampiricS, it's called journalism.

This project is supposedly going to be a commercial project. I don't want people to get ripped off.

As a good journalist, I don't take things at face value. When it comes to news, it is up to the news source to provide proof that the news is reliable.

This news source came out of nowhere, had a big name tied to it, and the news provider expected us to take it at face value.

It just doesn't work that way.

Things that go bump in the night! :P

Don't worry MetaFox, you're not the only one who doubts this creation, even some in the DK scene think the same, it's only when an actual Beta (Alpha even) version appears that this thing will be proved real or fake.

When you consider the history behind Daikatana: the early statements, news posts, rumours, then the wait for years for a release, followed by the hammering from the press and consumers, you'd think anyone even considering making a sequel would avoid going down the same well-trodden path in the fickle world of gaming.

DCEmu Newbie

To Metafox:

Thanks for the clarifications, i wasn't sure if i did put the right words to express my opinon earlier.

Okay, I understand both sides and I try to keep a neutral position on this one. But still I have some questions left, I'm just curious.

1.) "Dreamcast comes second" means that it's planed for the Dreamcast, or you guys have at least sympathy for it, right? Excause me nuckles87 that I make that public here, but you told me that they don't care if it's done with the Katakana devkit or KallistiOS. First would be illegal, second would be legal but slow. Means I don't know if it could handle such graphcal environments like in Daikatana I. Have you informed yourself about the production process yet?

2.) FP Interactive has their own website, okay. But why is it this empty? They cooperate with 3Dfx, or am I wrong? Were there any talkes yet? And why do they cooperate with them? Why do they agree to give Eidos money for using Daikatana as a name, and not renaming it to something else? To be honest, that's a bit illogical to me as someone who worked three years with those legal issue things.

3.) Where is the website of "developers united"? The only link I found was this one... http://www.javaserver.de/dun/ ...which is a German Java programing company. Shouldn't they the publisher?

- edit -
    By the way... thanks MetaFox for all those fake prods, I added they to the scene database at the bottom here: http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/Scene

We have no time to work on the website. Nobody seems to be commited enough. Developers United is a start-up underground development team; you won't find any information on them yet. 3dfx left the development process a long time ago, we no longer share resources or people anymore.
    Sorry for the thread bump.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles87
    I have been about as truthful as I can be with you. We don't have programmers anymore. We're back to vapor ware. Anyone who actually went on the boards would know this. I even announced on the Saber board that it is CURRENTLY VAPORWARE.
    Hoax confirmed. I wish these lamers would stop making projects that put the Dreamcast in a bad light. Anyone who makes up fake projects from now on will be banned, no questions asked. I'm sick of it.

EDIT: (Just to make myself clear - I wasn't calling nuckles87 a lamer - he was just an innocent caught in the middle of it all. I was referring to Corbin).

Topic locked.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information