Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ian micheal calls it for the day on the DC scene

Default Re: Ian micheal calls it for the day on the DC sce

lol toastman your the fool man what you did 2 years ago and you remember you so called the best coder of dcemulation and sorry if this takes offense to the scene but toastman you remember and know who i am

lol toastman your the fool man you can make fun of him all you want but as i said to you in the past you can even make fun of someone whose coding experience is better then yours for example what did you make. Oh yeah the unforgettable Tetris game and still that seems to be the only one you have made. As Ian hey he may have got people who helped him but he has still been coding for many years and i dont have have to say what he has made or even count cause he has more then you have made. What do you have to do in the scene that makes you that big tough you are. I aint tough that situation between you I and Ian is the past i am different now but you have to stop think and grow up man.

(edit) sorry about the post before this i did a sudden stop and thought it needed a change sorry

Eric

no flaming eric, you should know better by now.

[quote author=Eric link=board=news;num=1097667811;start=0#11 date=10/13/04 at 09:26:49]lol toastman your the fool man you can make fun of him all you want but as i said to you in the past you can even make fun of someone whose coding experience is better then yours for example what did you make. Oh yeah the unforgettable Tetris game and still that seems to be the only one you have made. As Ian hey he may have got people who helped him but he has still been coding for many years and i dont have have to say what he has made or even count cause he has more then you have made. What do you have to do in the scene that makes you that big tough you are. I aint tough that situation between you I and Ian is the past i am different now but you have to stop think and grow up man.

(edit) sorry about the post before this i did a sudden stop and thought it needed a change sorry

Eric[/quote]

You didn't mention either Sh'ump or WAM. And since you obviously aren't reading my webpage (which is done up by me using PHP, MySQL, CSS, and HTML) you would know that I am also working on an online card game that is coming along nicely.
    Then I plan on entering the DCGP2004 if time permits.
    And secondly, I have never said that I was 'the best' nor has anyone else. Mainly because it is not true. I am far from the most talented programmer the DC scene has.
    As for his experience being better than mine. From what I've read and seen (of stuff that he's actually posted/asked/etc.) his level of knowledge is woefully lacking in several basic areas.
    And I find it ironic that this quitting business is over the fact that Quzar did what Reaper's been doing to other people all along.
    Finally, I apologize for actually having a full-time job and not being able to program 24/7.

The biggest problem Ian Micheal had within the DC scene was himself, the reasons behind some of his posts and actions are still beyond me. Health reasons keep coming into the equation - Stroke/Depression/Heart problems, surely the best form of convalescence with any of those related illnesses is not being cooped up in front of a PC monitor?. People have referred to ego's as the cause of many of the arguments Ian had, this may be true, but is an ego to compete with coding homebrew on a dead console really worth all the aggravation that comes with it?.

I think the main reason is the fact he actually got too embroiled in the whole thing, resulting in spending far too much time on a hobby and not enough in touch with the real world. With any scene, you've got to take it as it is, don't take it too seriously, but most importantly - enjoy yourself!. Hopefully Ian will now begin to chill out and enjoy himself, he should find 'there is life beyond the Dreamcast scene'.

At the end of the day, what people think of Ian Micheal as a coder or person is irrelevant, he contributed to the scene and has now decided to leave, it happens day-in/day-out through all walks of life - it's as simple as that.

'So long, and thanks for all the fish!'

Finally some good words... (concerning the post above)

Ian, see you around some time, I didn't know you personally, but your determination was amazing. Good bye and good luck with all you will be doing.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm just glad he train quzar to be his succesor. While Quzar isnt as skilled yet I do think he as more than enough talent to finsh off NeoCD.

Blog Entries

its sad to see anyone coder leave the Dreamcast scene but over the years we have seen lots of good talent move on. Ian obviously has hit that time.

I personally hate to see people leave but if thats it then so be it.

He did release a lot of stuff for the Dreamcast, but like always in our scene, we will see new coders.

and you may see newcomers from an unexpected place

DCEmu Newbie

eric and toast i think its completely irrelativent to bicker about who's a better coder who contributed more. who cares! we should all be thankful for even the smallest thing simplest thing being contributed to the scene.....now whether or not Ian's skills was up to par in the eyes of others....he at least tried to do his best with what he knew ,and contributed alot of great stuff. i know for one ill miss him in the scene hopefully ill run into him online at some point.

DCEmu Newbie

Ack! Ian, you'll be missed. I can understand you needing a big break. Family and work fill ones life up enough! Cheers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information