Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ian micheal calls it for the day on the DC scene

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Ian micheal calls it for the day on the DC scene

Ian Micheal of IMRtechnology, has decided to leave the DCscene. On the main page here, Ian has posted a round up of his 2 main projects Radquake, NeoCD/SDL and also a personal note from him, saying goodbye.

[Modified 10/13/04 06:47:23 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

Default Re: Ian micheal calls it for the day on the DC sce

Oh my! :/ its very sad news...

Dream Coder

you do of course realize he has done this before right?

Anyways, I feel really bad that the (at least immediate cause, the straw that broke the camels back if you will) was my releasing my first port :-/

He taught me everything he knew about DCdevelopment and brought me into the world of public devving. Without him I would never have stayed in the scene, and if not for me, he would have left last december.

Although he was always attacked for being a poor coder, he was completely self taught, and although he may have known less in general about coding, because of his will and determination, he is one of the most experienced dreamcast coders in the scene.

His works will be missed, and I'll miss him personally.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Well again yes this has happened before. I dont know if this will last but hopefully it doesnt last. One thing i would like to say if Ian is going to come back and atleast look at the forums is you have to stop being grumpy dude be happy best way just think of happy things and how to do this damn man your a coder you can always develop something better if someone is redoing your project.

There is also nothing to be angry about when someone want to redo the project cause they are just seeing what else can complete this project. In the end of that project being done you can congradulate or add somethings that have can make that project even better. I do have to say your projects were rather well done. I would have wanted to see a lot of port projects.

The arcade ports were rather fun but redoing them would have meant nothing to some cause they already have it but you did some interesting things to those SGA's to make people want them. Your homebrews i thought interesting cause if in mind if you couldnt create a game fullspeed you would find games that you could create that would like quizmania and that was sweet and i forget the other one but i do have it, personally not my fav type of games cause i used to read books like that and got bored but interesting to the old gamers so it still had its touch.

I would loved to see that re-make you were going to make. Anyways dude its going to suck that you are gone but i think we might see you again. The time you return dont think about what people have to say i know its hard we all have anger problems but sometimes when you see a post and i do this sometimes just exit that topic and shrug it off. This is for the coders aswell whether you dont care about health problems and or didnt believe Ian had those health problems you should still think about what happens to people with depression and heart problems.

To anyone who has heart problems and depression it can hurt us alot but if we chear up it helps a bit this is important and said many of times think of things that made you happy think of the past if that helps thinking of the past helps me and what of the past is helping its obviously you guys with your retro projects. Anyways good luck and hope to atleast see you on MSN again one day.

Eric

More self-gratifying bull$#@!.
    So let's say goodbye (again) to the greatest ego masturbator of all time.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't know why so many coders hated him. Who cares about his skills when he brought so many good things to the scene? He was a good person too. Shame we lost one of the best.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i don't want this topic to turn into a flame war guys!!

where did ian announce this?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

its on the main page of his website, he also been saying hes quiting in a few post in the last few days

oops didn't notice it at the bottom cheers darc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information