Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Public Interview (Question #8) Which Console was the Biggest Let Down ?

the dreamcast was the biggest let down, it had all the hype when it came out and was supposed to be the next big thing and it just failed.

for those people saying the psp was a big let down, how sad are you, its a games console that has perfect graphics, the ability to play mp3's, view images and play movies. And your trying to say that Sony are wrecking it well no I dont think they are, there just trying to stop people like you downloading your ISO's and playing the latest and best games for free, and if Nintendo and Sega and everyone would let them legally put the emulators on the system wouldnt they have already done. Homebrew and Emulators are great but how the f*ck can you say that these are the best things about the PSP, whatever system is released you will always pick faults and call it sh*t, heres a challenge....you go make the perfect system and along with it all the emulators and games, see how far you get.

Some people are just never happy

getting back on track though, dreamcast for me was the biggest flop but like all systems it was great but just didnt live up to its hype.

mine was the Sega Saturn:
    reason was that the graphics at that time was kinda good and revolutionary, poor attention on public, also expensive, but for me, it was good until that system had a memory erased caused by the frikin battery life that was inside the system, i was crying so much cause i saved most of the games there were good,(Sonic,Sonic 3D blast, Last Bronx, Nights)
    bad memory.
    later, i killed it by playing super nintendo.
    XD

oh yeah,
    people that says that the PSP is a let down, you suck, why?
    how can the psp be sucky? look at this site! what the hell is this site for? eh?!?!
    games are good and the system has very good functions to be an excellent portable device, not such for games, also music, photo,videos, INTERNET!
    more and more people are buying this consoles.
    thanks to this site and others, even more people are buying.
    not even that, SONY is trying to make even more functions to the sytems, like watching tv on the psp , connecting the psp to the ps3 wireless, etc. even now, such games like DAXTER has function for the PS2 game JAK X.
    so why is it sucky now eh?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

look guys, let people post what console they find the most disapointing, and why.

-=please don't not attack them for saying so, they have a right to their opinion=-
    No Flaming

personally i found the PS2 to be the most dissapointing, way over hyped (sony said it would have toy story graphics), and everyone said that it was so much more powerfull than the dreamcast, but it now clear that the ps2 did not have that much of any edge over the dreamcast, in power terms.

This thread was doomed from the beginning.

no i wont because there not real reasons its just a way to call things they dont like with no valid points to back it up, so there

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    look guys, let people post what console they find the most disapointing, and why.

-=please don't not attack them for saying so, they have a right to their opinion=-
    No Flaming

personally i found the PS2 to be the most dissapointing, way over hyped (sony said it would have toy story graphics), and everyone said that it was so much more powerfull than the dreamcast, but it now clear that the ps2 did not have that much of any edge over the dreamcast, in power terms.

How was the Dreamcast a let down? Sure, it didn't do well, but it has some of the best games ever (Jet Grind Radio, Soul Caliber, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, the list goes on.) I agree with Darksaviour69 in saying the PS2 was overhyped; so will the PS3. The Xbox was the second console (first being the DC) that amazed me. When I got an Xbox launch day with Halo, I had so much fun even though the controller was big. The PSP isn't bad because of pirates who are the reason for $ony to "kill homebrew." I will admit, I do have a bunch of PSP and Dreamcast isos, but once you play a PSP game in iso format with no load times, there is no going back to UMDs. Sure, it is stealing from companies (filthy rich corporations that only care about making money.) As long as PSP games are selling many copies, I will never feel bad about downloading/dumping isos. I would way rather have my PSP with all the isos then all the homebrew.
    Bottom line: PS2 was overhyped, PSP was overhyped, and the PS3 with its "target video" is overhyped.

DCEmu Regular

For me it was the 32X. It was doomed before it was even released. Why release a system that's not really a true 32 bit system only months before the Saturn and PSX came out. I got it because of Virtua Fighter. It's actually better than the Saturn version. Chaotix and Tempo were good but that was about it. A close second would have to be a tie between the Jag and the Phillips CDI. The Jag did have Tempest 2000 coded by Yak of Llamatron fame and Rayman but those couldn't save it. The Phillips CDI was just bad. The 32X still takes the crown though for me as the biggest let down.

Quote Originally Posted by kyus
    The biggest console letdown for me ever has to be the microsoft xbox. I bought one when rare announced development for it... but out of the 70 or so xbox titles we have upstairs... I barely play any of them. It's the most overrated, huge... disc-errorific piece of garbage ever released... and the controllers are so pathetic i use a ps2 controller in mine.
    thats a shame you don't like the xbox, and a bigger shame that you didn't mod it and exploit its full potetial (anyone who know, knows)

for me it would have to be the Saturn. NiGHTS had me hooked and Sega promised more games like that but never releally delivered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information