Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Evolution of the Dreamcast Scene

Default Re: The Evolution of the Dreamcast Scene

Not the only person. ;D You might want to try it out. It's very simple. If you don't like it, don't use it, but it's worth a try, isn't it?
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

i think sbiffy should stay main source for sbis. And im all for plain files only on here ;D

just my 2 eurocents

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=news;num=1083692146;start=15#18 date=05/06/04 at 02:47:50]Selfboot Inducer is available for Linux and Macintosh, so for those people not wanting to selfboot their own programs or for a DreamInducer disc, then SBI is the format for them.[/quote]

Well... Kinda. Selfboot Inducer itself only works on Windows (although I think it works partially on Linux using WINE), and on the Mac you have Mac Inducer, which does pretty much the same thing.

On Linux, they're generally just ZIP files with a different extension, so they aren't much different from plain files. I did write a pair of shell scripts which did the same thing as Selfboot Inducer without the GUI, but I had some problems with some SBI files putting things in the wrong directory. I actually know how to fix that now, but I never got around to it.

In addition, at one point, the guy who was doing the Mac Inducer said that normal SBI files don't really work all that well, because the Mac is case-sensitive when extracting the files. So, "games" and "Games" would actually be two separate directories.

That shouldn't be a real problem anymore, since I am doing 95% of the new SBI's, and I have directories set up on my computer so that they will always be the same.
    The DreamZone Forums

DCEmu Newbie

Well, we have the example of some sites that promote their software at some websites, even at their own website, and then at download time, they redirect the user to sourceforge downloads site... That's the quickest example.

Maybe sbiffy is the sourceforge of our "dreams" ;D

Propeller

Makes sense to me.
    The DreamZone Forums

[quote author=curt_grymala link=board=news;num=1083692146;start=15#16 date=05/05/04 at 18:52:39]Maybe, instead of hosting SBI's on DCEmu UK, you can simply link to the files that are hosted on Sbiffy! instead. *Maybe Sbiffy! will even get an overhaul, who knows. *That might be something I suggest to burnerO next time we talk (and after I get everything with DCStuff straightened out).[/quote]

I really like the way SBIFFY looks 8)

I am for releasing plain files AND CDIs + linking the SBI so everyone get what they want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information