Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dad Kills Son Over Missing VideoGame

The right to bear arms is a throw back to when america was just forming and absolutely right in the civil war people did need to be armed, but it's a fully formed country with fairly stable leadership, and come on saying you need to arm up incase the American government starts to oppress the people is a pretty 18th century way of looking at things, all i'm saying is the right to bear arms is not an ideal that a modern first world country should live by and even if it takes 200 years to convince the people they should start getting the idea into peoples heads.

DCEmu Rookie

I've heard that there is a problem with people getting knifed in the UK.

Anyway, most criminals in the US with guns obtained them illegally. So if they make it illegal to own or buy them then the law abiding citizens will not have access to guns while the criminals do. That would not be a good scenario.

Obviously you can't just suddenly take guns away from an armed nation the country would just fall apart, all that's needed is education over time, and yeah knife crime is a problem in some areas but i'd rather someone attacked me with a knife so i have some chance of defending myself, where what chance do you have against someone in the distance pulling a trigger? Waving your arms around won't help much there, and i don't think i ever heard of a drive by knifing.
    Last edited by symbal; October 27th, 2009 at 02:11.

DCEmu Rookie

How do people in the UK do their fox hunts without guns? Do you just tree the fox and not kill it?

Fox hunting is illegal now.

DCEmu Rookie

Really not in the USA!

Actually farmers can get a licence to have a shotgun to kill pest foxes, and with special permission fox culling is allowed if an area's overrun with them, but it is illegal as a sport.

Not to take sides, but I own several firearms, and I use them to hunt. Not for sport, but for food. I am curious, if guns are illegal, does that mean no more hunting?
    Oh and if someone wants to kill, then they are gong to kill. True, having access to a gun makes it a little easier, but no guns means using another method.

Yes people will find other methods of killing, but it takes a lot more courage to walk up to someone and stab them than it is to run away and shoot them, and knowing there is a chance you'll get hurt when trying to knife someone will deter a lot of killers, the main thing is Americans grow up in a gun culture and for any culture it's difficult to accept other ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information