Thread: Rumormongering - Apple Could Buy Nintendo?

Blog Entries

ipod Rumormongering - Apple Could Buy Nintendo?

CNET wonders if 'Apple is about to frag the gaming community with a revelation that could shake Microsoft to its core: Apple will buy Nintendo. What could be more quintessentially left-field Apple behaviour than buying out the U.S.'s number three games console manufacturer?' The article goes on to compare the companies, saying 'both have followings whose brand dedication verges on the religiously devout' and design styles that are so similar that 'the Nintendo DS Lite practically looks like Jonathan Ive built it.' The writer says an Apple and Nintendo merger will 'penetrate the mainstream consumer market with Macintosh computers'. The possible outcome of a merger would be a console based around the Mac Mini. As for whether Apple have the cash to pull it off: 'Cisco was rumoured to be looking at a purchase of Nintendo earlier in the year, so the idea of Nintendo being bought is not outlandish in itself. Apple's market cap is $51.7bn (Nintendo's is $23.1bn)'

i dont believe that this transaction would go through i dont know im knid of scepticle

Nintendo? Sell out to Apple?
    Maybe when hell freezes over...

(an alliance would be one huge stretch, a sellout is "unpossible")
    :: PSP Lua - PSP Lua Games and Homebrew
    :: PSP Skins - PSP Skins, Wallpaper and Templates
    :: Anime Avatars- Anime and Cartoon Avatar Gallery

Bill Nye Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does

This rumor is so ****ing old.

I hope Apple doesn't buy Nintendo And I don't think they will. Because I'm gona see if I can find a couple billion dollars worth of pennies and buy them my self Although there would be some cool Ipod commercials with Mario.

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

DCEmu Newbie
    London, England, United Kingdom of Great Britain

To me, the two companies are VERY alike. They both like to approach & solve problems in an untypical inventive way. Look at the DS Lite, it looks like a mini iBook/MacBook.

An alliance between the two would be very interesting, I'd like to see it bear some fruit.

Macs are overpriced. Nintendo has no reason to let someone buy them

nintendo is doin fairly well by themselves i dont think they need apples help

DCEmu Newbie
    London, England, United Kingdom of Great Britain

Critical Impact - The MacBook is CHEAPER than an identically specced Dell or HP notebook plus has features that it's competitors don't (built-in webcam etc). Also, it can run multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux etc) in addition to OS X. Apple's Pro systems ARE expensive but are not aimed at consumers, being more for video, audio and graphics pros.

Thread Information