Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watara SuperVision emulator

Default Re: Watara SuperVision emulator

Is that code correct? (other than the millis typo in the SDL_GetTicks function)

When I try this, I get nothing but a blank screen.

Using Uint32 to initialize the variables gives me an incompatible type warning.

changing it to int32 gets rid of this warning, but still produces a black screen.

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=Dev;num=1107769913;start=0#10 date=02/11/05 at 07:29:08]Is that code correct? *(other than the millis typo in the SDL_GetTicks function)

changing it to int32 gets rid of this warning, but still produces a black screen.[/quote]

Since your using a version of KOS later than 1.2 you can use the following which is similiar to the above code

Code:
    void SDL_StartTicks(void)
    {
    /* Set first ticks value */
    start = timer_ms_gettime64();//jiffies;
    }

Uint32 SDL_GetTicks(void)
    {
    //return((jiffies-start)*1000/HZ);
    return timer_ms_gettime64()-start;
    }
    Thats what i use in my timer/dc/SDL_systimer.c

Troy

Thanks for the advices. As I can see SDL is only used to create the surfaces and nothing more. No SDL_StartTicks(), nothing more on SDL. It runs quite good with the standard 160x160 resolution but slows down if an enhancement (2xSaI, SuperEagle, etc) is used. For now I try to make a menu for loading roms. As soon as I finish it I will post a binary for you guys to test it.

I have not implemented sound at all. The windows port uses seal for sound. Is this portable to DC or I'll have to rewrite the sound stuff from scratch?

- Yeah sure, welcome to the next level!

Dream Coder

seal isnt portable, but its usually replacable with SDL fairl easy.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=MetaFox link=board=Dev;num=1107769913;start=0#10 date=02/11/05 at 07:29:08]Is that code correct? (other than the millis typo in the SDL_GetTicks function)

changing it to int32 gets rid of this warning, but still produces a black screen.[/quote]
    That's probably not exactly what the code is on my system. I was posting from my mac, and looking at the code on the Linux PC next to it so I didn't bother typing stuff that I had commented out and may have inadvertently introduced an error. The SDL_GetTicks function is definitely declared as Uint32, though.

The only reason I didn't use timer_ms_gettime64() in mine the way Troy did is because SDL_GetTicks() is supposed to return a 32-bit integer, but iirc I essentially did the same thing that timer_ms_gettime64 does - multiply 'secs' by 1000, and add the 'milis' to that, so I have the number of miliseconds since SDL started.

What I'll do is copy + paste the real code in a few minutes when I dig it up again on my other machine.

*edit*
    Here's the copy+pasted code.
    Code:
    void SDL_StartTicks(void)
    {

/* Set first ticks value */

/*start = jiffies;*/
     /* 138's hack */
     Uint32 *milis, *secs;
     timer_ms_gettime(secs, milis);
     start = ((Uint32)secs*1000)+(Uint32)milis;
    }

Uint32 SDL_GetTicks(void)
    {

/*return((jiffies-start)*1000/HZ);*/\
      /* 138's hack */
     Uint32 *milis, *secs;
     timer_ms_gettime(secs, milis);
     return ((((Uint32)secs*1000)+(Uint32)milis)-start);
    }
    Sorry, didn't meant to hijack a topic to discuss SDL Timer hacks. :-[

DCEmu Regular

hey, elefas. *so this is in black n white, eh? * I have a question, will the emu on dc be actually black and actually white, or black(?) n beige like now for game boy mono in gnuboy? *hey, i wish i could have this on dcgnuboy, but mybe it can happen on this: *have like a color scheme customizer so, you can select red for black and black for white and make it like a virtual boy, or green = black & black = white to pull of an oldskool mono ibm look. *just a thought, please take no offense and i thank you for yr work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information