Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Top 10 Most Important Games Ever

Default Top Ten...

Well guys, may i ask,

"where the hell is RESIDENT EVIL on dis fing...?"

Like this is the only game in the history of gaming that has made me go out and purchase a console just for that game.... & it hasn't done it just the once...

1996 : bought a PSX for "R.E. the orginal"
    2000 : bought a Dreamcast for "R.E. Code Veronica"
    2001 : bought a Gamecube for "R.E. Remake" "R.E. Zero" & most importantly "R.E.4" game of 2005!!!

I'm sure i'm not the only one to do dis impuse buying of consoles

My top 10 wud b :

10. Snake (Nokia Mobile. addictive isnt the word)
    9. NFS : Most Wanted (Plays so beautifully)
    8. Zelda : Link to the past (Still play it on PSP)
    7. Metal Gear Solid (WOT A STORYLINE)
    6. FEAR (PC. My most played game at the moment)
    5. Golden Eye (N64. "Rare" as they $#@!)
    4. MarioKart (SNES. yrs of competitions)
    3. Mario All Stars (SNES. wot more cud u ask for)
    2. Resident Evil (G.C. remake, visually stunning)
    1. Resident Evil 4 (G.C. blow me away & i still play it)

DCEmu Newbie

One evening in the early 1970's I went into a tv stereo shop I knew the owner of and he said to me, "come over here I want to show you something". He showed me a dam big brown box hooked up to a tv and showed me "PONG", I was amazed and I knew right there that night would be a night I would always remember and that my life would be changed from that moment on. I was a little kid and I couldnt see how a person could control what was on tv. I mean how could they do it?? This was before pc's or betamax or anything. This was the start of it all and so by me PONG should be number 1-10. Remember that PONG was the great grandaddy of the xbox 360 and the ps3

I think it's impossible to do a list with only 10 places. I mean, there are more than 10 different game categories. It would be better to have a top 100 or top 50 or something.

I think Collosal Cave Adventure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure or Zork http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork should be on the list. They were some of the first games that were made for computers. They're also important because they were the first games to actually have a story to tell.

I also think that a RTS game should be on the list too. Perhaps Stonkers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonkers, the first game in the genre, or Dune II that was the first really popular RTS game.

A note about Pong: People tend to forget that PONG wasn't the first video game at all. Magnavox Odyssey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey came three years before PONG. PONG was more successful so therefor you can argue that it was more important for the gaming history.

this is such a list for console fan-boys.

not a single proper computer in there.

and Mario sucks big time imo.

there's some important games in there tho, Tetris, Pong, Space Invaders... even star wars is quite important with the vektor gfx, but doesnt stop t being a rubbish list.

where's the granddaddy of home-computing platformers; Manic Miner???

I think mr.modem is right on the money with zork being in the list as it truly is the grandaddy of the adventure/rpg genre. and yes the magnavox odyssey was the worlds first home console who's creator also invented pong, only to have it ripped off by atari and nolan bushnell. the true elisha gray of videogaming.
    however space wars predates all of these and can even be seen in the charlton heston movie soylent green.
    yet still a chess program from the 1950's predates enen that.

Mario(NES) should be no1 as it opened the door for platform games also Bomberman 2 on the SNES was the best multiplayer game i owned,I had the 4 player controller port so me and my mates played for hours. HAPPY DAYS

Trust Game***s to make a list with which nobody agrees.

YO if you dont have GTA on there you missed one of the most important games for the PSP com'on now cant forget R * and the greatest game on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    Trust Game***s to make a list with which nobody agrees.
    Dude take your Zanax its to see peoples opinion on what they think there best games of all times are.

DCEmu Rookie

I agree with GameFAQs' list more than most of y'all's lists.

It's supposed to be "most important games," not "my personal favorite games." I do agree that Street Fighter II is a must, but Doom? Kingdom Hearts? Are you guys kidding?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information