Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

DCEmu Newbie

222mhz why? can i play internet games on the psp, any change the psp be bricked with this?

I agree, this is possibly one of the best things I've found for my PSP so far. It also makes me very glad that I never upgraded :P

Devhook 0.44

Congratulations to all who became it possible...

It really Works....Great job!!!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by yakumo
    First of all, I don't want to listening to music in a PSP. I have my own MP3 portable player. Second, I want to play official games without needing to upgrade. I have 'Untold Legends' and can't play with it because it requieres 1.5fw.
    Last, but not least, having a 'virgin' PSP 1.00 is like having a museum piece. I would rather prefer spending 300 euro in a new PSP and do all the flashings needed instead of 'pervert' my 1.00 PSP.

If sony would not had made so much mistakes in their fw I would have bought other games that I want to play but unfortunately requires a higher version firmware. Some of that games are: 'Metal Gear Acid 2', 'Gradius Legends', the new Ghouls and Gosts...

Too bad for me, but also for game manufacturers. They will not see money from me anymore if I cannot play games with a 1.00 PSP or if I don't buy another, and I will not do that at the moment.
    Yakumo I know exactly how you feel.
    I will never update either!
    But I have the modchip sitting next to my psp right now, and I'm tempted to install it onto my 1.00.
    Soldering it myself, the risks of PSP death is probably very likely...
    I'm going to hold out as long as possible though... well until ff7cc is released!!

Yakumo, you still can't play your Untold Legends UMD?
    I remember you said about it in a thread a couple of months ago.
    I had the same problem with Lumines (requires fw 1.50; sxt/wab didn't work).
    It was two months after I bought the game that someone told me how I could play it on 1.00.

The answer was... Devhook 0.22 !! -- The best loader we have so far.
    Yes, you will have to play from a backup (I won't say the other word here, but it looks a little like the number 150 )

Have you seen this loader game compatibility list?
    http://eazyx.ea.funpic.de/index.php?...list&alpha=all
    Scroll down the list, and take a look at Untold Legends...

So for now, if you wanna play it on 1.00, the only way is through Devhook 0.22.

I hope that helps.

- If you boot DevHook with 222 MHz and then in the XMB using select + mode change "overclock" to 333 MHz (but not in the DevHook menu) then booting at 333 MHz shouldn't freeze anymore allowing you to run umds overclocked.

Woo Hoo! I haven't been this excited about the PSP since before it came out! 2.71 is a whole new world! Just spent a bit of time giving it a thorough test and, so far, everything works beautifully. Absolutely beautifully.

Loco Roco is simply gorgeous (does anyone know if this is cel shaded 3D? If not, the physics are phenomenal!) This is the first game I've seen for the PSP that's "wowed" me. While I've always been enthusiastic about the PSP, I didn't ever expect that to happen. Certainly showcases the massive gap in capabilities between the PSP and the DS.

Kazuo is addicting, but nothing homebrew can't do. Just a bit more polished. And it keeps going, and going... Is there an end to this demo?

Finally, the Flash player is solid. Rendering isn't as smooth (anti-aliased) as I'd like it to be, and we should be able to zoom in, but I was pleasantly impressed by the loading and playback speeds. It seems like Flash content actually loads faster than HTML content (although I haven't given them a proper head-to-head comparison), and playback is about as smooth as on my ten year old G3. Which is the machine I benchmarked Flash content on until about a year ago, so it's actually pretty decent. I loaded several different (simple) animations before I found one that started to lag in playback. The only major limitation I found was that it seems to have a problem loading external files. 71M's player has the same problem, only worse, so I suspect this may be a memory limitation, but I wasn't testing files that were large by any means. Oh yeah, it would also benefit greatly from more input than just the mouse click key. That's going to be annoying.

Now all Sony needs to do is give us proper PS1 emulation, and the PSP will finally have reached the level it should have been at launch time. Although, a file browser (instead of having to manually input every single file path) for the internet browser is sorely needed.

For the first time since I got my PSP, I'm going to be able to walk into a store, look at the games and not have to wonder "Which ones of these work on my system?" (!_!) Will probably only last for a couple of months max, but now I know, 100%, that all of the games that I want that are out now will work!!! By the time I'm able to get all of them (ha!), XMB emulation should progress far enough to yet again let me access ANOTHER back stock of games! Yee-hee (!_!)

This version now works with my Datel hard drive... yipeeeeeeeee!

All my UMDs are running fine... GTA, Monster hunter, SFA3, Puzzle bobble etc etc.

Lovin it!

ok i was just wondering why 2.5 will not work on this i have 2.6 and 2.71 on my psp and i wont 2.5 so i can use the gta cheatdevice and iits the only firmware that it works on with devhook so maybe sumone could help me out and i would really appreciate it if sumone would

Cool yeah

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420
    ok i was just wondering why 2.5 will not work on this i have 2.6 and 2.71 on my psp and i wont 2.5 so i can use the gta cheatdevice and iits the only firmware that it works on with devhook so maybe sumone could help me out and i would really appreciate it if sumone would
    2.5 will work on this just fine

Or its supposed to anyway

ok i think i may have found my prob i believe i was missing a few files in the kd folder and i just finished testing it as i was typing this it woks now i was missing file in the kd folder ok im gonna play gta now with the cheatdevive oooooo yeeeaaa i luv cheating lol and they said the cheatdvice wounldnt work on a 1.5 pffft yea riiiiggghhttt 1.5 psps are unstopable lol

Thread Information