Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: M68K for DC

DCEmu Rookie

Default Re: M68K for DC

Working! oh em gee teh aech four ex!

Blog Entries

did anyone get anywhere with mac emulation ?

Dream Coder

ron is suppsoedly putting a lot of work into it.

Yes, the emu is on the way. The emulator now runs, so i'll have to spent some time implementing the audio , video and IO. Will take a time, at least I got quzar's and chui's help. In other words, Thx.

Note from RON: I do agree with Quzar.
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

On April 30th, 2004, I opened this thread with a lot of illussion and wishes, most of them are completed , others are just to come.

I would like to thank you to: Wraggs, JMD, Mekanaizer, Quzar, BlackAura, Stef, Propeller, Christuserloeser, LyonHrt, Chui, Fox68K, OneThirty8

Those DC Coders, are really who have created, designed, apported, helped and supported M68K development for DC, and DCaSTaway, Neo4All, UAE4all, NeoCD, and Genesis Plus /DC emulators. To Stef and Fox my personal congratulations.

As you can se in the 42 pages lenght of this thread, I want to make clear that I absolutely don't approve the attitudes and aptitudes of Reaper/Ian Micheal, I disapprove totally what he has done, being the break of the DC Comunity. I hope that this doesn't mean an one step back in the development of this thread, but the triple A, plus the NeoGeoCD already is reality and that is what matters.
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Rookie

It's a very cool development, I never expected to play Neo-geo on my DC. Or that someone would port UAE to it.

Now even Mac emulation is supposed to be coming, that's great. Any concrete plans for the x68000 yet? To my knowledge there is only one open-source emulator available for it.

DCEmu Coder

Fox68K - Having a slight problem with the latest FAME. Basically, the damned thing doesn't work. Only tried the PC version thus far, but the newer version crashes, while the older version works fine. Just shows how long it's been since I had a chance to do some serious work on GenPlus, doesn't it?

Older version is 1.2 (2004-12-17)
    Newer version is: 1.23 (2005-04-05)

I can give you a copy of the code if you like. Basically, it's a (slightly) modified version of Stef's GP/DC CPU interface and the FAME interface that I did before.

DCEmu Coder

Doesn't work with 1.21 (2005-02-19) either. I'm using the x86/Linux version at the moment, in case you were wondering. Not even tried the DC version. So, something that you did between 1.2 and 1.21 appears to have busted by copy of GP/DC...

Some more info. According to GDB, it crashes at m68k_get_cpu_state, which doesn't appear to be anything publically accessible, so I assume it's some internal FAME thing.

Backtrace:
    #0 0x0805b4a2 in m68k_get_cpu_state ()
    #1 0x080747dc in m68k_get_cpu_state ()
    #2 0xb7eed330 in timezone () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #3 0xbffff7b4 in ?? ()
    #4 0xb7eec038 in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    #5 0xbffff688 in ?? ()
    #6 0x080525a3 in M68K_Exec (cycles=64356352)

Just looking at that, I get the impression that there's some stack corruption going on there. Either that, or something wasn't built with any kind of debugging support.

I don't suppose you have a working cpu68k.c for Genesis Plus laying around anywhere, do you?

Very few changes have been done from 1.2 to 1.23 in the PC version, so i guess the problem is caused by a tiny detail by my own. I guess it should be any of the changes from 1.2 to 1.21:

- set_irq_type function changed for flexible use.
    - Pointer to data structure parameter removed from memory handlers to increase throughtput.

Both of them affect the way the old code works (in the set_irq_type function and in the memory layout definition).

I leave you here my latest cpu68k files and my own GP sources for testing purposes.

Cheers.
    - fox68k -

One last thing to be considered. I did not update the GP sources with the latest fame header, but since i do not call set_irq_type function anymore in my GP code, the new one is not needed (stuff related with define's used by set_irq_type in fame.h).
    - fox68k -

Thread Information