Thread: Scherzo Update

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Scherzo Update

Scherzo posted this update in the forums about his work on different projects.[br][br] I did a little work on Dream Script over the weekend. I'm not so sure how feasible it will be to have a Flash powered UI for NesterDC SE. So, I'm working on Dream Script. [br][br]At this point, I'm almost tempted to throw theming away for NesterDC SE. I really want to finish it. On the other hand, I don't want to release a half-assed job. Lately I haven't had the free time or concentration necessary to program at home. Whenever I try, I get so little done. It was easier when I had a job with more flexible hours. But now, I have a strict 9-5er (8-5 on mondays). [br][br]Hobby programming is ME. I'm not quitting. It's just moving sloooooowly. I definitely guarantee that I'll release both DreamScript and NDCSE by X-Mas.

Default Re: Scherzo Update

Maybe Scherzo should stick with the old format Nester theming, let's face it - it couldn't be simpler for the users to customise. A Flash interface would be cool though, but not entirely neccessary to make it a worthy release, I'm sure the improvements to the emu alone would more than make up for a menu.

DCEmu Rookie

I've never been concerned with theming at all, ever. As long as the default menu is functional and doesn't look like butt, I'm happy. It's all about the emulation.

DCEmu Regular

I use to think the same but many emulators are thought of as better just of fancy menus ive noticed this in the pc world as well. First thing you see sets the mood for the rest of it. Nester dc is near perfect emulation wize since about version 3. some small things but speed sound is pretty much perfect. Is this going to have network support talked about that would be cool.

DCEmu Regular

do your thang scherzo, do your thang. just remeber to rub some funk on it

Yeah, the compatibility improvements are enough to justify a release. But I want everything to be perfect. First, using DreamScript as the UI for Nester forces me to develop DreamScript to a point usable enough for everyone. I'm more excited about DreamScript than anything else. Also, it gives me a chance to showcase it and give people a taste of what can be done with it.

Just to update though, these projects are moving along. I've been finding a bit more time to work on them.
    It's time to chew ass and kick bubble gum... and I'm all out of ass!

Blog Entries

thanks for the update

funny how time is short for most at the mo.

DCEmu Regular

to the front to the back killa bees on the attack

Thread Information