Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New Super Famicast & NesterDC SE releases imminent

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Super Famicast & NesterDC SE releases

getting back on topic

Why cant a source from an older versionof snes 9x be used to get better speed?

maybe not as compatible butjust for speed and work from there

DCEmu Regular

It can be Nothing much offtopic about it source is easy to compile. If i made a faster version which i could do. With out asking it would be called Stealing his project so i stayed right away from SFC source.

But Nothing off topic about what some one is going to use or if the release will be legal It's formost in a scene were legal and development is the only thing that matter not speed or netplay.

But to anwser you yes and i could do it im sure many others could..

Blog Entries

i remember playing snes 9x on a pentium 166 with a crap graphics cardand little ram and it played the 32m carts so is it worth going back in time and using an early version of the source to get the speed?

Scherzo probably didnt realise about the Katana thing but im sure he will be ok with it and use Kos etc.

No ones perfect he was probably just trying tomake up for his disapointment at not getting super famicast better.

but non of us are perfect and we must all learn to do things the right way and tell each others in a non flaming way.

thats not to say anyones flaming but you know what i mean.

id rather we were all frinedly than nasty to each others, that has been the down fall of many a good site.

DCEmu Regular

Oh well we all make mistakes..

DCEmu Rookie

has anyone hear anything about this subject yet? I have not heard anything yet nester SE, anybody know anything?

Blog Entries

We just have to sit and wait patiently

DCEmu Rookie

yeah your right, I thought of something the other night, I totally forgot the SNES has two graphic proccessors, so I can see why the snes does not have full speed emulation, come to think of it, I don't think its possible, sorry for being netative but that makes sense why it can't achieve ful speed.

Blog Entries

iTs possible, just look at Bleemcast but not all coders in fact im sure no coders can donate that much time to get it all in sh4 asm.

any improvement on dreamsnes would be great, we shall see if it happens.

DCEmu Rookie

yeah, I agree that rand can work miracles.

Well, damn. It's funny how people seem so understanding on the dcemulation boards but speak their true minds here. I really don't know where to start. No, I don't feel like cursing anyone out. I want people to understand my life.

How many of the coders here are married? How many have children? Hmm? Not too many, right? I bet most of you in high school or college with quite a bit of freedom to choose how their free time is used.

So here I am, 26 years old, with a wife and 15 month old daughter. I'm not complaning because it's not like my situation was equivilent to getting hit by a car. My situation, although not the most comfortable for my kind of personality, is my doing. The truth is I have been rebelling against this lack of freedom. I still love video games. I love coding. I'm always struggling between doing what I love and supporting the people I love. Do you know how much I alienated my family during that two weeks of initial Super Famicast development? I'm not fishing for sympathy here. It's just that the only way I think you all can understand my behavior is to know exactly where I'm coming from.

Yes, I did promise not to quit on Super Famicast. I have not broke that promise. I merely asked for extended help a few weeks ago realizing that I wouldn't be able to make a release in a long time. I could have just stayed quiet and not said a damn thing like DSNES but I guess I thought there was a sense of community here. I didn't know that if I didn't deliver people would say everything just short of "I'm suing you for false advertising".

I made the decision to do an updated NesterDC is because I feel I can fit something like that into my schedule. Super Famicast was going great until I realized I'd have to write pieces in asm. A free hour here and there makes it really difficult to work on something like that. I want to do NesterDC my way because I want it. I like my menus, damn it. You think I do it all for you guys? You are secondary. I work on enough things that I don't care about.

"He should be improving some thing like DreamMSX which needs a new menu.." - Ian Michael

Really? Oh, SHOULD I? Why would I work on something that I don't give a crap about? Well, Ian, I think you SHOULD be working on an sh4 asm core for me, ok? All of you SHOULD drop what you're doing right now and dedicate your lives to me. Muuuhahahahahaa!!!

It's strange to hear coders speak like you did, Ian, because of all people a coder SHOULD understand. You non-coders who whine about me just don't know any better.

I think from now on I'll refrain from letting people know how I'm doing and just post things that I finish on my site. That way there are no promises and everything comes as a surprise.

Now I finally understand the DSNES team's silence.
    It's time to chew ass and kick bubble gum... and I'm all out of ass!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information