Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse-like Xbox 360 controller mooted

DCEmu Rookie

Default So Called copying is what raises standards

Why are people so obsessed with who copied off of who. This so-called copying is what drives competition and raises levels of standards. I understand that people like creativity an all , but if no one ever implemented the ideas of others in their products imagine were we would be. What if the developers of linux decided not to implement GUI (Graphic user interface or menus with mouse suppport) because microsoft or apple had it first. Imagine if noboày copied the idea of manufacturing the ball point. Only one company would make it and they would charge us out the @$$ to buy it. Hell the reason why we have more than one video game system is because other companies copied Ralph Baer's concept of interacting with images shown on a TV. Nintendo made the mistake of not coping the idea to use optical disks for storage with The nintendo 64 and as a result the games suffered do to lack of space. Any body remember the sega master which made you get up to pause the system? Now imagine doing that with sega genesis, saturn, and dreamcast. What if nintendo (with thier lack of 3rd part support)was still the only system with an analog stick all because no body wanted to copy their idea. So I hope every copies the good ideas and apply them to the products they make. Don't get me wrong I also want to see orignal ideas.Its just that alot of people are complaining this so called coping and is only raising the bar. If no company took in design concepts of other companies, we would all be stuck with a bunch of high priced low quality proprietary crap. And there is a speacial word for this situation. It called a "Monopoly"

This is great news and alsow shows that even though people think of nintendo as a kiddi system. They are all try to copy and keep up with them in a way.

We don't even know if it will be released or what it's like, so it might be different than the Wii or PS3 motion sensing.

Well i sorta agree that copying can raise standards for other consoles, but.. i dont like the idea of copying in some cases because (example) if microsoft was to make a new revolutionary and "Original" idea that didnt copy nintendo or PS3. While the 360 gets something really good, what i want is then a new system to come out from the next-next gen consoles to have them all in one so instead of 1 new idea, its 3 and maybe 4 as it is new. that would would be cooler

DCEmu Newbie

I completely agree with J sims. For every action there is a reaction...microsoft and ps3 will have tried to come up with new ideas but if they cant and they believe that the wii idea is going to work then they are going to go with it. Do you really think microsoft will invest in something that they dont think will work?....on come the jokes about the windows OS but look at their status in the business market. Its just not beatable.
    It is in our interest that they use each others ideas and add/edit them as it were otherwise prices will be high and they will just dominate the prices!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information