Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Regular

ThaNerd, thanks for the contributions - it takes time to dig through the results of diff though, and MapCruncher support was too neat not to release immediately, anyway I think I've found all the changes now so I will release a new version tomorrow morning after moving them across. Change by change comments coming later

DCEmu Newbie

To in7ane

Thanks for your big work..
    This program simply super..
    I have made already a map of city from PNG file and tomorrow her I shall check up with GPS-290
    But there is one big problem - the program does not work with photos more 9000х9500 pix...
    It as can be corrected that?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    AZImmortal, I think Map This! uses the MIDPOINT marker to treat the point differently, so it needs to be there - either way directions are changing for the next version, so I will wait until that is out to see how an upcoming turn can be implemented (have you tried setting WARNINGDISTANCE= in mapViewer/system/config.txt to a larger value to get a similar effect?). Alternatively I can stick whatever fits onto the same line as the distance remaining, something like this: 0.1mi - Turn left at Ea...
    Hi in7ane, I never took notice of the warningdistance value before, but now that I've played around with it I see how it works. Is this value measuring in a specific unit? If it's not too much trouble for you to implement, I think that putting the upcoming turn information into the same line as the distance remaining would be handy, even if it needs to be truncated for longer street names. I like knowing what the next turn should be as early as possible.

DCEmu Regular

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.7b.zip

AZImmortal, upcoming directions are in, check List Upcoming to activate.

ThaNerd, the changes were percentages in download and 2nd try download and a change to the preview html - those are in. Let me know if I missed anything.

zsc, thanks - Global Map Download it is.

DennyPSP, MapCruncher? could you post/link to the source image(s) - guess you can cut them up if the limit is on the individual image, if it is on the total map size - create two maps and then combine the tiles (you may have to sort out overlap by hand or I can try and write an app to combine maps).

DCEmu Newbie

I just tried it out and it's just what I was looking for, thanks in7ane. However, it seems that there's a bug where all of the Midpoints are using circle icons instead of the normal waypoint dots (either that or the Midpoints are now using the path point icon).

DCEmu Regular

AZImmortal, check Legacy Mode - however the directions file will then stop working with next release of Map This!, I think.

@in7ane thanks for the info for using OZI Map for PSP
    will checkout the MapCruncher

To in7ane
    Thanks for your hard works
    the new version of gmdl0.4.7b.zip
    Got the MapABC (China )in it
    I am going to do a map of Beijing
    thanks a million
    you are great man
    cheers

DCEmu Rookie

@PSPLawyer, if I remember correctly, my map of LA covers zoom 8 -> -1, x=87, y=204. However, I only got detailed zooms of the 5x5 grids centered on the grid below the one that covers Downtown. The size of the map is almost 800MB.

I'm thinking of making a better, more detailed map, but so far, the file sizes have exceeded the 1.9GB mark my mem stick can handle.

This is what i'm thinking of doing next, 8->-2 zoom, x&y same as above, covers detailed zoom of only 5x5, same as above. For this man, i'm thinking of splicing both MSN and MSN hybrid images together. I'm going to download both with "No GPSFS" checked and replace certain tiles with the MSN hybrid images.

@in7ane, does that sound possible? replacing individual image file with another. If I make the two maps with the same criteria, it should be fine right?

@PSPLawyer, so yea, that's what I got now and what i'll be doing. If you still want to take a look at it, i'll figure out a way to upload it to a server or something, it'll take a few days to do so, upload speed aint that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zsc View Post

This is what i'm thinking of doing next, 8->-2 zoom, x&y same as above, covers detailed zoom of only 5x5, same as above. For this man, i'm thinking of splicing both MSN and MSN hybrid images together. I'm going to download both with "No GPSFS" checked and replace certain tiles with the MSN hybrid images.

@in7ane, does that sound possible? replacing individual image file with another. If I make the two maps with the same criteria, it should be fine right?
    Make sure you don't mix jpegs with pngs in one map..

Thread Information