Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post

deniska, any ideas on the missing county files, or are they just rural locations without street names/numbers? An example is 40001
    It's probably reserved for some millitary instalation or some other stuff...
    At least USPS doent not seem to list it amongst their codes:
    http://www.quine.org/zip-all-40000.html
    and I had troubles resolving with with google's geocoder...

If you find more examples - let me know - perhaps some gaps can be due to errors in my loading scripts, which I can re-run and troubleshoot..

DCEmu Newbie

I like to know to me if you can to implement in your program the unloading of maps from this Web: http://www.viamichelin.es/

I believe that it has the updated maps and better done of Spain.

I feel it by my English but it is of the translator of the Google.

Thanks and greetings

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry for being so noob but everytime i download a map, it goes up to 93 or 95% and the geodata window comes up and does what its supposed to do and then sayd you may now close thsi window. the maps created are too small in size (6 megs,, with 3 cities in range (Toronto, mississauga, and brampton) with all levels of zoom) and when i open it on my psp, i cant see anything, all of teh map regardless ofzoom level is 'map and this level is not available' or what ever it is. any ideas, appreciate your time. oh and i tried both google and msn maps (in some cases i only see one square of mappage on my psp but that about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Er_SeVi View Post
    I like to know to me if you can to implement in your program the unloading of maps from this Web: http://www.viamichelin.es/

I believe that it has the updated maps and better done of Spain.

I feel it by my English but it is of the translator of the Google.

Thanks and greetings
    Those may not be gps compatible right out of the box - they may need to be mapcrunched first.
    the tile size is 254 pixels.. plus they seem to use some kind of encryption of their url parameters:
    http://m1.viamichelin.com/mapsgene/d...AwMDAwMDAwMzM=

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Sorry for being so noob but everytime i download a map, it goes up to 93 or 95% and the geodata window comes up and does what its supposed to do and then sayd you may now close thsi window. the maps created are too small in size (6 megs,, with 3 cities in range (Toronto, mississauga, and brampton) with all levels of zoom) and when i open it on my psp, i cant see anything, all of teh map regardless ofzoom level is 'map and this level is not available' or what ever it is. any ideas, appreciate your time. oh and i tried both google and msn maps (in some cases i only see one square of mappage on my psp but that about it)
    Can someone please help me?

DCEmu Regular

JoQ, I've got an alpha test (only decoding the .(3/8)435 code - so you get a random selection of streets covered) of the Swedish geodata, if you want to take a look at that and see if there are any obvious errors. GeoData, Sweden (PBA) tab, then Set Dir and select a directory with pba files (all 100 are fine) and lktab.txt (which you can get from what Kartex installs onto your hard drive) in it. Click Process Dir, wait a while and get the geodata.dat from DIR_NAME_geodata.

djou, it was a, recurring, regional number format bug 1.23 vs 1,23 (tell me if it happens elsewhere) - it's fixed in the directions now.

redownload: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.14b.zip

outsider, are you getting any errors saying the tiles were not downloaded? Try a small map (one or two zoom levels) and see if that works, also see if you check No GPSFS under Advanced - do you get the full ZOOMx directory structure with all of the tiles in it?

Codaz, that's strange, the GPSFS code hasn't changed in a while - could you put up a GPSFS map that extracts with 13 but crashes 14 and I'll try and see what's going on.

deniska, this is a complete list of the missing zips (all are from OK_county_borders, they are also in counties.txt):

DCEmu Newbie

hi in7ane: it's working very nice! THANKS A LOT, your the best!
    let's fine my way! @+

in7ane,
    I'll try to re-run my scripts for "KY"..
    BTW, looks like Sensus Bureau posted new data files (dated March 5) and removed the old ones...
    Perhaps we should re-build the data for all states...
    Do you have an ftp accont I can dump this data in to? (PM the details)

DCEmu Newbie

Default need help getting map

in7ane, or anyone.
    Anyone try to download hybird map? I always got the time out error and the gmdl will delet the files downloaded.

anyway can I merge 2 sperate download? or how can i countine downloading the hybird map?

sorry to ask but i search everywhere can't find my answer.

DCEmu Newbie

newbie need some help, I have a map file in .prm format, i wanna know if I can use in7ane's program to convert it to mapthis compatible format ? if not, which program should I use? I am sorry I cannot make a new thread so i post here.

Thread Information