Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 revealed

Blog Entries

GBA Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 revealed

Despite a rather disappointing debut into the arcades, the Mario Kart series will be racing to arcades again to swallow more coins from die-hard Nintendo fans' pockets.

A Japanese flier, which surfaced on NEO GAF, reveals that Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 will include a range of crazy new karts, as well as two new racers: Waluigi and a little Tamagotchi.

If you live in or around London (or are just desperate), you can sample the antics of the first game in 'Fun Land' in Trocadero, Piccadilly Circus. We wouldn't encourage you to bother though - it's not proper Mario Kart.

Flier via Comments

How is it not proper Mario Kart?

I love mariokart arcade!
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

There was a Mario Kart Arcade made by Namco awhile back, featured Mario Kart and Namco chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    How is it not proper Mario Kart?
    Its not made by Nintendo.. the last version had Pac Man and co. in it.

DCEmu Newbie

You could say the same about F-zero AX/GX then as they were made by Sega (though they didn't feature a hedgehog as far as I know )

Blog Entries

MarioKartArcade is awesome, I played it 3weeks ago at Trocadero with my girlfriend...

...is it just me, or does anybody else think that Nintendo are just trying to hustle their way into the arcades amongst the big names like SEGA CAPCOM and "NAMCO" (who are responsible for the Nintendo arcade machines)

there did'nt used to be Nintendo arcade machines (thou they're NAMCO made machines), Nintendo will never be as good or as great as SEGA in this market...

...only SEGA and CAPCOM can dominate the arcades, 11 years on and people are still playing the original DaytonaUSA and 16 years for the original StreetFighter arcade game

i've kinda gone off topic, but I have'nt been here for a while and I just wanna yabber.
    bugger, I have'nt even played any of my games consoles for over 2 weeks which is'nt like me!

DCEmu Rookie

Exclamation

Yeah, it's not "proper" Mario Kart...

... it's way better than "normal" Mario Kart. Comparing the Mario Kart on SNES, GBA, and DS, the Namco-made version (who made the ever-awesome Maximum Tune series) kills the older renditions outright. It's just much more fun with the awesome card system. This is something worth getting bothered over. (Unless you're cheap and can't afford spending money to play everytime. )

And Pac-Man owns. (But I use Toad myself.)

DCEmu Newbie

before SEGA, before CAPCOM before Namco... (or at almost the same time with PACMAN) there was NINTENDO at arcades... the game was called Jumpman where you had to save the Princess from Donkey Kong
    but y'all probably don't remeber how good Nintendo Scope vector 3D arcades where back then

There was never any game called "Jumpman".

Donkey Kong was it's original title, and jumpman was merely the carpenters name in a japanese game designed by an industrial design graduate named Shigeru Miyamoto which seemed doomed for failure when Nintendo of America was finding itself barely keeping its neck above water, unable to sell 2000 arcade machines containing a game called RADARSCOPE. When the game was first played, Nintendo staff were glued to the cabinets, and whilst translating it, their landlord came a knockin, demanding rent. His name... Mario Segali :P In the USA at least, Mario was Mario from day one. Jumpman existed for around two weeks before changing his name and career. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information