Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worldwide Dislike of Sony at This Time

DCEmu Newbie

Was gonna buy a ps3 but now i will put the money on a 7950gx2!!

lol... guys lets not fight, thats what sony wants us to do eh? lol anyway lets just all boycott them and not be mean

you guys are a sad group of asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15
    We actually have worked that out before that it wouldnt work so just stfu
    Cry more.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- $#@!. Casual gamers don't give a flying **** about the closing of Lik-Sang, and they'll buy the PS3 anyway.

Besides, Lik-Sang was breaking distribution laws, and Sony just happened to be the one to shut them down for it.
    Absolutely spot-on, those of us that post on forums like this, read DCemu and Eurogamer, and shop/have shopped at Lik Sang are NOT the massmarket, check out the anti-EA sentiment on forums, yet they are still #1!
    I don't want a PS3, I have a 360 for my Stepson for Christmas and I want a Wii, but it does not mean that more than likely muppets will still flock to PS3 like flies to dog-$#@!! All this Wii60 chat is nice, but casual gamers only buy one system and that will likely be a PS3, for the name and Blu-Ray. If not the case, the DC would have smashed PS2 'cause the games were better, it was cheaper etc. but Sony had DVD and Sega now makes software...
    If we do a straw poll on this forum in 3 years I bet most of you will have a PS3, including me!
    Face it guys, as much as we might not like it, Sony will odds-on be #1 this time around again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    Cry more.

What are you talking about

PSN ID: splodger15

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

right guys no more of the flaming, or i will dish out the warnings

WRONG WRONG WRONG. **** you are wrong. Sony has the distribution rights of their own product, you idiot. They get to choose who can buy their system, and who can sell it because IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO.
    in that line of thinking it would be illegal to sell anything second hand (lik-sang buy of sony and then sell it on).

no second: hand books, no cars, tables, tvs, hammers etc

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    right guys no more of the flaming, or i will dish out the warnings

in that line of thinking it would be illegal to sell anything second hand (lik-sang buy of sony and then sell it on).

no second: hand books, no cars, tables, tvs, hammers etc
    Absolutely. Even if there is a law like that, it's a bad law, and deserves to be flouted.

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1
    ...but it does not mean that more than likely muppets will still flock to PS3 like flies to dog-$#@!!...
    You know, it might just be me, but I'm buying a PS3 because I like its superior hardware and software line-up, not because I'm like a "fly to dog-$#@!."

Sony did what they did to protect their European market. If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.

Now, Sony own their own movie company and want people to purchase their movies and actually be able to play them. If they didn't stop the importing (thus no-one using Blu-Ray movies) they would loose money. What happens when you loose money? Stock-holders become infuriated and investors could potentially sue them for loosing money.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis
    You know, it might just be me, but I'm buying a PS3 because I like its superior hardware and software line-up, not because I'm like a "fly to dog-$#@!."

Sony did what they did to protect their European market. If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.

Now, Sony own their own movie company and want people to purchase their movies and actually be able to play them. If they didn't stop the importing (thus no-one using Blu-Ray movies) they would loose money. What happens when you loose money? Stock-holders become infuriated and investors could potentially sue them for loosing money.
    not convinced, the amount of imports would be tiny in real sales terms, and would not really effect blue ray sales in the long term. Over all this has been bad for sony as it bad PR

Another theory is that the ps3 will not sell out as badly in the US and Japan if you reduce the potential customers, there fore deducing the "sony fails to deliver" bad pr. With such small numbers of ps3 available for the launch and 2006, cutting off egger European customers would help.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information