Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: DCaSTaway

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re: DCaSTaway

[quote author=Retroid link=board=dcastaway;num=1095100877;start=45#49 date=09/27/04 at 16:32:53]An FAQ would be nice, yes 8)

It's been a while since I bothered burning any new DC stuff but the porting of 16bit computer emus has reignited my interest ;D

Seems strange that I don't actualy get into the emu itself, that the Utopia loader locks at 98%

Anyone used Utopia successfully, or should I give the 'homebrew boot CD' a go...?[/quote]

Just make it selfboot instead, have all the required files for the emu in 1 folder and use DIR2BOOT.EXE to selfboot that directory, you can make a NRG or CDI file that way. Can't be more simple then that.

Blog Entries

[quote author=Retroid link=board=dcastaway;num=1095100877;start=45#49 date=09/27/04 at 16:32:53]An FAQ would be nice, yes 8)

It's been a while since I bothered burning any new DC stuff but the porting of 16bit computer emus has reignited my interest *;D

Seems strange that I don't actualy get into the emu itself, that the Utopia loader locks at 98% *

Anyone used Utopia successfully, or should I give the 'homebrew boot CD' a go...?[/quote]

Utopia does work, did you not unscramble the 1st_read.bin?
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

[quote author=LyonHrt link=board=dcastaway;num=1095100877;start=45#51 date=09/27/04 at 17:03:37]Utopia does work, did you not unscramble the 1st_read.bin?
    [/quote]Ah!

So it's scrambled? Right, I'll go get the scramble proggy to undo that.

I could've made it selfboot but I just wanted to play around with a mutli-session as a test, giving it different TOS images and adding disks as I get them.

Thanks for the directions

Right.... I've unscrambled the 1st_read.bin and tried it again with Utopia.

Still sticks at 98% ???

Think I'll sleep on this...

Don't suppose this emu works as a disk image on Chankcast, does it? That would save a lot of faffing about with CDs...

;D

Gave up trying to get this to work with Utopia and just made it self-boot with a few dozen ST disks.

8)

Fantastic job! Had a friend visiting who had been very pessimistic about the possibility of full speed ST emulation and he was really quite surprised when he saw it running. Of the games which worked most did indeed seem to be working at 100% or very close to it. Impressive.

Not sure if it's the new sound core I think I saw mentioned but the sound emulation doesn't seem to sound right sometimes, and there are times which ti sounds like it's picking up the instructions to play something but can't use the instruments, so you hear sort of dull thuds instead of notes.

There's the afore-mentioned mouse emulation problem where it either doesn't seem to react properly or gets stuck on one axis, usually vertical.

Overall though I'm just blown away by this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information